Hello Guest it is March 18, 2024, 10:38:51 PM

Author Topic: E Stop  (Read 6533 times)

Re: E Stop
« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2010, 07:02:56 PM »
OK cheers..

You dont fancy setting up my machine do you? ;)

Rick

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2010, 07:07:04 PM »
No problem, bring it along to my workshop at the weekend ;)
Hood
« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2010, 09:33:01 AM »
You could also do it without a relay using a DPDT estop button. Use one side to disable the drives and use the other side, wired NC, as an input to Mach.  Set the input as active high and when the button is pushed and the switch opens, mach triggers an estop, while at the same time your drives shut down.  I agree with Hood in that high voltage relays are better in a noisy environment.  Never had noise issues though, even running HF plasma.

I started using the G540 drives and this functionality is built into the drive.  When I disable the drive with an external estop, it sends an estop request to mach.  I think that is built into their internal BOB.
« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2010, 11:20:16 AM »
Use a double pole double throw switch.  Cut AC to machine with one, and cut e-stop circuit to LPT port with other. 

Hi All,
Personally I prefer a mains voltage control circuit for the E Stop rather than software controlled by mach3.(software crash no E stop)
Just wondering is it possible for some way of telling mach that a E stop of this configuration has been pressed so as mach would stop running too?

Rick