Hello Guest it is April 25, 2024, 03:15:00 PM

Author Topic: How can I speed up three axis movement  (Read 2533 times)

How can I speed up three axis movement
« on: November 09, 2010, 11:27:29 AM »
I am installing a third axis on my CNC Quilter.  It will have the X-axis, y-Axis, and A-axis.  When the code executes, i.e. x1.0000 y1.0000 A2.0000, the x and y motion has to wait for the A motion to complete before moving on to the next line.  This causes the movement of the x and y axis to stop moving.  Is there a way to overcome this?  The whole idea behind the CNC Quilter is that the motion will be smooth and the A-axis will move at the same time the Y axis moves without interfering with it's operation.  Any ideas? ???

Larry

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
Re: How can I speed up three axis movement
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2010, 06:09:19 PM »
What is the orintation of the axis's  on the machine? To coordinate the  feedrates you may have to assign a diamter to the a axis so Mach knows how to do the feedrate to match that of XY

AS is mach is moving the a axis in deg per min while the xy is inch per min.

Look on the settings page top right under A axis set the radius to match what the A actually is when running.

Then look in CONFIG under the TOOLPATH tab then check the box for USE radius for feedrate

NOW mach will move as fast as the Axis will rotate. IF your a axis is slow then mach will be slow as well.

(;-) TP
« Last Edit: November 09, 2010, 06:11:12 PM by BR549 »
Re: How can I speed up three axis movement
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2010, 02:42:58 AM »
Hey BR549,

Thanks for the info, I'll give that a try and see what happens.  I'll let you know later today (Wednesday) how it goes.  I am in Germany, so there is a bit of lag in response.

Larry