Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 04:28:39 AM

Author Topic: Output problem.  (Read 8092 times)

Output problem.
« on: October 31, 2010, 11:41:47 PM »
Hi all, 

I've a G540 with a spindle on/off relay on output#1 and output#2 relay is switching on/off 240V.  Problem I'm have is everytime I turn the spindle on output#1 in Mach3 the other output turns off.  Then when I turn off output#1 ( the spindle) the the output#2 turns on again.  I thought using the Enable would fix this, but the same problem occured.  In this instance, the relay output#2 switched on when the control box was turn on, but as soon as I hit the spindle button the output#2 turns off.  Any ideas?  Is there an override in Mach3 I'm not seeing?

Brad.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: Output problem.
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2010, 04:01:01 AM »
I am not quite sure what you are meaning, what are you using Output 2 for?
Can you attach your xml as well as it may help in understanding.

Hood
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2010, 04:20:40 AM »
I'm using Mach3 to control the G540 so havent written any code.  I'll try better describe the problem.  I've a Gecko G540.  This has two output controls and both outputs are connected to relays.  One relay controls my spindle (turns it on and off) and the other relay switches on / off 240v which I use to power the VFD to run the spindle.  My problem is, whenever I turn on output#1 (spindle) the second output (VFD) turns off, thus shutting down the spindle.  I've also tried setting the second relay to enable as soon as I turn on the G540.  When I do this the VFD turns on as soon as I turn on the G540 as it should, but as soon as I turn on the output#1 (spindle) it turns off the enable.  Is there a setting in Mack3 that turns off all other outputs when the spindle is turned on? 

Any better?

Brad.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2010, 04:33:51 AM »
Ok I understand now what you are using the relays for and it should work fine. Sounds like you may have some duplicated pins.
For what you are wanting to do you should have the port and pin number for the second relay set up as enable  Output and that is all. The relay 1 should be set up as an Output, doesnt matter which as you then tell Mach on the spindle setup page which output you are using for M3.

If you still have problems please attach your xml, the xml is a file that contains your configuration and you will find it in the main Mach3 folder, it will have the name of the profile you are using, so for example if using the standard Mach3Mill profile it will be Mach3Mill.xml. You will need to change the name before the forum will accept it, so suggest you copy to desktop and rename to spidy4fun.xml before you try and attach using the additional options button on the reply page.
Hood
Hood
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2010, 05:20:03 AM »
OK...  this is interesting.  Learning new stuff all the time.  I tried opening the xml file in Exel and got 1 long line.  Im using exel 2002. 

Brad.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2010, 05:23:52 AM »
Dont change settings in the xml if you dont know what you are looking at as you could mess things up and crash your mill.
Hood
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2010, 05:27:48 AM »
Oh, I wasnt.  I've Mach3 set up on this computer at my desk.  I was mearly trying to look at the xml in some form of ledgible format on this computer.  I google opening XML and it suggests Exel but I think my version of Exel might be a little old.

Brad.

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2010, 05:46:56 AM »
Brad,
Here is a link to an xml reader:

http://www.machsupport.com/forum/index.php/topic,9561.msg58446.html#msg58446

recently there was another one posted which will compare xml files.

Like Hood said, don't change anything if you don't understand what your doing.

RICH
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2010, 02:54:57 AM »
Ok.. I think this will work.   I also opened a fresh Mach3mill and put in only the two outputs just in case I'd caused a conflict of outputs.. but the same problem occured.

Brad.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2010, 03:01:34 AM by spidey4fun »
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2010, 02:57:39 AM »
OK...  I think that worked. 

Here's a pic of the machine Im building.   ;D

Brad.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2010, 03:07:10 AM by spidey4fun »