Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 01:57:47 PM

Author Topic: Mach3 as 3d printer software  (Read 84012 times)

Re: Mach3 as 3d printer software
« Reply #20 on: November 04, 2010, 01:04:29 PM »
Can you tell me how you modified Skeinforge from the 'E' axis to the 'A' axis? I am already well into building a stand-alone 3d printer and this is the problem between Mach and Skeinforge I've run into. My feed steppers are on the 'A' axis and I need to change them.

There is no option for doing this in skeinforge so I modify the source code

Regards,
Nuri Erginer

I was hoping you could direct me to the plugin that you modified the source code.
I let my mind wander once.... it never came back

Offline Fastest1

•  920 920
  • Houston, TX
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 14, 2010, 03:37:02 PM »
Nuri, looking good! I figure my G540 could control all 4 axis with out a problem, throw an extruder head on the A2ZCNC Monster Mill in place of the Sherline head. Maybe some form of heated bed?
I want to die in my sleep like my grandfather, not like the passengers in the car! :-)

Offline khalid

•  213 213
    • View Profile
    • My Wood carving
« Reply #22 on: November 19, 2010, 05:59:44 PM »
Nuri, Thanks for sharing with us... Few months ago i was on the verge of ordering all that circuit boards etc for the Reprap printer but fortunately i didn't... I am very much interested in this thread.. I will follow it and will highly obliged if you post some more pictures of the build..
« Reply #23 on: December 01, 2010, 12:45:38 PM »
Nuri
Please Please PLEASE post your skienforge. Been prowling around, and came up with this idea all on my own, started looking on how to do it, and found this thread.
« Reply #24 on: May 14, 2011, 03:58:59 PM »
Hi everybody I am back again.
Sorry I can not write for a while. But the news are good. I have finished the control board Here its features:

atmega8 and arduino code (standalone no PC connection)
LCD (to read temperature values)
two trim-pots (to set two separate temperature value one for nozzle one for build platform)
one thermocouple input
two thermistor input
two relay output
two power transistor output

With this board you can easly convert your desktop cnc to a 3D printer.
Here is a picture of the board.

I will prepare a web side to tell people how to convert their cnc to a 3D printer. All the software (including modified skeinforge) and the hardware as a kit will be there.
Please e-mail me if you interested in buying this board nerginer@gnexlab.com

The first group will purches the board with a compatitive price. I will mass produce according to the number of people willing to buy the board.

Regards,
Nuri Erginer

« Reply #25 on: May 21, 2011, 12:34:41 PM »
Hi,

I am getting e-mails from people who want to buy the control board and a hole CNC to 3D Printer conversion kit. I am almost finished a tutorial about the conversion and will send the link to this post.

Can you please reply to this post if you want to have a board or the hole kit. So that I will have the list of people for the first production.

Regards,
Nuri Erginer

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 21, 2011, 01:10:21 PM »
Nuri,

I am a bit confused here.

Are you going to share this information with us for free and post all the details here or has this turned into a commercial project where we have to buy the kit and the details ?

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #27 on: May 21, 2011, 01:43:28 PM »
Hi Tweakie,

This will be a completely open source project. I will purplish all the drawings, the design files and the software code. So the people who wants to build their own can use the design files. If you have not too much time and ability to produce such circuit boards and hardware, you can buy from me as a kit and start to print with your desktop printer immediately.

PS: English is not my mother language. If there is someone agree to read the documentation (5-10 pages) and wants to correct the typo and grammatic errors will get all the information before publishing as open source.

Regards,
Nuri Erginer

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 22, 2011, 02:06:22 AM »
Thank you Nuri, I am really looking forward to following your project.

(i would be happy to check grammar in any of your documents if it would be helpful).

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #29 on: May 23, 2011, 04:08:13 PM »
Thanks a lot Tweakie

I hope you got the mail I sent to you