Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 05:39:29 PM

Author Topic: Wierd port addresses  (Read 2507 times)

Wierd port addresses
« on: October 23, 2010, 11:49:38 AM »
After battling the 64 bit OS issues I decided to take the computer back to the seller. I retasked my 6 year old XP 32 bit machine to run my plasma/router. I pulled the ports from the dead machine and installed into the old machine with XP sp3. Installed Mach, ran the driver test and got a "excellent". :) Now I was going to feed my old xml files in and I noticed the two port addresses are different looking. The old addresses were a hex address xab0 or something like that, the new are 9400 and 9800. I double checked using the "Get port address" file in Mach. I haven't hooked it to the CNC machine yet. Does that sound right or does  XP SP3 do something different with addresses?

Thanks Much,
Mike

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: Wierd port addresses
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2010, 02:38:14 PM »
Try and see would be the simplest answer, I have seen all sorts of weird and wonderful looking addresses.
Hood
Re: Wierd port addresses
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2010, 07:27:23 PM »
Try and see would be the simplest answer, I have seen all sorts of weird and wonderful looking addresses.
Hood

These wierd numbers would not work, I pulled the cards reinstalled 1 card at a time and got more "normal" looking addresses and it fired right up.

Thanks
Mike