Hello Guest it is April 20, 2024, 01:50:13 AM

Author Topic: Mach did again!  (Read 28427 times)

Re: Mach did again!
« Reply #70 on: October 12, 2010, 08:21:22 AM »
Hello,
The fact that you have a tool length active at a tool change is a bit odd.. You should cancel the tool length offset when you are changing tools. Also here I delete ALL The code from the M6 end Macro. I am one of the guys that likes to take care of moving the machine in the Gcode file... Depending on the part you are cutting you may want to change how you get back from a toolchange and by having a "dumb" tool change it allows  you to do this. Having said that I don't think I can change how the Data is recorded with the GetToolChangePosition(2). The reason is that this has been like this for so long that I can't change it.. if you would like to add the toollenth offsets in  your toolchange code please do so, you can get the data in VB.

Thanks and if I am not reading this right please tell me where I am going wrong.

Thanks
Brian
Fixing problems one post at a time ;)

www.newfangledsolutions.com
www.machsupport.com
« Reply #71 on: October 22, 2010, 10:04:34 AM »
Hello Brian.

thanks a lot for your hints.    :)

As I understand that it isn't easily possible to change a part of the program, on which many users have built their scripts and customisations, I myself took account of the coordinates which are delivered by the "GetToolChangeStart" function in my script.

As of now, everything is working and I am happy.

best regards
Konrad

« Reply #72 on: October 22, 2010, 10:06:03 AM »
Hello Konrad,
Thanks for the update!

Brian
Fixing problems one post at a time ;)

www.newfangledsolutions.com
www.machsupport.com