Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 05:16:29 PM

Author Topic: How do you move axis A in direction of XY route?  (Read 2594 times)

How do you move axis A in direction of XY route?
« on: September 15, 2010, 11:31:07 AM »
I am new to Mach 3 and would like some help on how to rotate an axis in the direction of the XY travel.

I am going to build an XY stage with an Air Cylinder for the Z axis.  At the end of the Z axis is going to be a stepper for rotation of a pizza cutter wheel for cutting fabric.  The cutting wheel needs to point in the direction of travel of the XY axis's.  The cutter will need to be lifted, rotate, then lowered when changing direction for angle cuts.  When cutting a radius the cutting wheel will need to point in the direction of travel as the XY stages move.

What would be the best solution or where to start on how to accomplish this?  Should I use a brain, VB script, or do I have to enter these moves into the G code manually?

Thanks.

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
Re: How do you move axis A in direction of XY route?
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2010, 11:44:51 AM »
Adamk,

If you do a search for 'tangential knife' you will find a lot of helpful info on the forum.

Tweakie.
PEACE
Re: How do you move axis A in direction of XY route?
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2010, 02:06:12 PM »
Thanks there was a ton of info that got me what I needed in simulation mode. 

People were running into a lot of issues.  Having to replace G0 with G1 commands etc.  Are these and other old issues resolved in the latest version of mach?