Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 09:27:39 AM

Author Topic: motor settings  (Read 11754 times)

motor settings
« on: September 10, 2010, 05:53:08 PM »
WHEN TUNING TO MOTORS, THERE IS TWO SMALL BOXES TO THE RIGHT.  ONE SAYS STEP PULSE 1-5 US, THE OTHER SAYS DIRECTION 0-2. WHAT ARE THEY FOR? AND WHAT HAPPENS IF THE ARE MODIFIED?
Re: motor settings
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2010, 06:18:02 PM »
One is for pulse length , from 1 to 5 micro second

This will depend on your electronic connected to the parallel port ,  some breaker boards need longer pulse than other, if your system is working with this setup, don't change anything, for me, I had to increase pulse duration because I was loosing step.

The step direction is same thing, this is the pulse length in micro second, if you use kind of slow electronic, they will need a longer pulse to activate.

Jeff

And please, type with the Cap off
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2010, 06:25:55 PM »
hey jeff-------------kiss off

Not on this site .............take it somewhere else.

« Last Edit: September 10, 2010, 06:54:51 PM by RICH »
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2010, 09:22:00 PM »
Hi moderator, I don't understand what you mean, please explain

Jeff

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2010, 09:54:08 PM »
ostie01,
You made a helpfull repsonse to a question....and suggested .....that inivator use lower case.
Nobody is going to be told to "kiss off" under my watch. You deserve more than that for a reply.
Most would take it as an insult or personal attack which is not tolerated on this site at all.

Offline Sam

•  987 987
    • View Profile
    • hillbillyhilton.com
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2010, 09:56:38 PM »
Jeff, Inivator made a reply to your post. He was NOT thanking you for your support. Rich (moderator) edited his post, and kindly told him to take his bad attitude elsewhere. Good job, Rich.
"CONFIDENCE: it's the feeling you experience before you fully understand the situation."
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2010, 11:20:19 PM »
Thanks for the reply Sam.

English is not my primary language so sometime I have trouble understanding some English expressions.

Thanks to clarify.

Jeff

Offline stirling

•  2,188 2,188
  • UK
    • View Profile
    • www.razordance.co.uk
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2010, 06:04:11 AM »
Can I just add for anyone who's wondering, that uppercase is regarded as SHOUTING and AGGRESSIVE on forums.

Jeff was quite right to respectfully ask for lower case. Good on you Jeff.
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2014, 03:51:06 PM »
Back to the original question my machine was running ok for awhile then it started to lose steps in the X axis. my settings for the step pulse and direction are both 0. should i change them? if i do change them do i do it step pulse 1 and dir 0. or do you raise them equal? hope this sounds right. i have been searching the forum looking for answers. this string is the first one to actually answer what they are.
Safe machining everyone

Offline stirling

•  2,188 2,188
  • UK
    • View Profile
    • www.razordance.co.uk
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2014, 07:27:29 AM »
Back to the original question

Which is 4 years old BTW  ;)

As your machine WAS running ok for a while, this would not be the first thing I'd be looking at. That said, these values should only need to be changed if the specs of your drivers or BOB demands it. That of course means you need the specs from your manuals.