Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 04:57:50 AM

Author Topic: Different use of Mach3  (Read 12709 times)

Re: Different use of Mach3
« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2006, 03:38:45 PM »
The Flow Control In my case has a lot of options

Working With Air presure
1)
1000$
2)
http://www.efd-inc.com/catalogs/EFD-High-Pressure.PDF

These Valves are very expensive! And I dont know the way to control them.

So the Idea is simple

I take this cheap FLOW CONTROL REGULATORS, METAL VERSION (20-25$)

And Convert to this

If I controll the the motor I can control the valve and flow ...

I allready make some tests and works fine.
The problem here  is that In many cases I want to drop Just One Drop and its very difficult to control this open close action with air.
The other problem is that the doming resign has about 15-20min life then is not more a liquid. Imagin the solid resign in the valve of 1rst photo.... ouch!!!!
The FLOW CONTROL REGULATORS is very cheap and I dont care about an accident (somethink like to stop the production for an error etc)

And here is the idea.
Mesure the motor
1000 steps = 2 drops/sec
1500 steps = 3 drops/sec
2000 steps = 5 drop/sec
3000 steps = Continous flow....

Convert the step to move

R1
R2.3
R4.1
Etc
And right this code in the G code programme

And becouse the decals is a patern it is just a copy paste the same move of R.

What do you think???? :D

Hood

« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2006, 03:49:03 PM »
I am a bit confused by what you are meaning by
"R1
R2.3
R4.1
Etc"

You could set up the valve motor as your A Axis and comand it to move as many steps as you want, so you could move your X Y and Z to above the decal (?) and then lower the Z to the level you want, then you could command the A Axis motor to move 1000 steps (open valve)then back off 1000 steps (close valve) you then move z axis back up and then move X and Y to start of next and repeat.

The hard part will be testing to find out how many steps you need to dispense the exact amount of liquid you require, but you already know that will be the hard part ;)
Hood
« Last Edit: October 23, 2006, 03:51:00 PM by Hood »
« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2006, 03:53:01 PM »
And another thing
The dispense technology is most for medical applications and the XYZ tables + software are really very expensive...!

The janome 2500N
50cmX50cm with 5-phase stepping motor (not servo) and Portable Weight 6kg

cost about 14.000 EUROS (with software) (17.550$)

« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2006, 04:02:00 PM »
Hood I told you guys I didn't know if the code was M00!! ;D

GEORGETOUBALIS,

I have a question. Is it necessary to move the z up and down. Lots of wasted motion if it isn't necessary. These little decals are all on the same plane, or at leaset they appear to be, so would it be best to leave the z axis in place and make the application of the resin faster thereby getting more drops before it begins to set???

Mike

Hood

« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2006, 04:18:03 PM »
turmite
 M0 is program stop so I suppose in a way it is a dwell, but you have no way of controlling it, once its stopped its stopped, unless you press the start button ;) With G4 P** it will pause for as many seconds as you have put after the P and then carry on its merry way :D

GEORGETOUBALIS

Mach will do what you want, all you will have to do is make the machine and work out the amount of steps for dispensing the correct amount of liquid.

Hood
« Last Edit: October 23, 2006, 04:25:58 PM by Hood »
« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2006, 04:27:56 PM »
The liquid has a medium to high Viscosity and some times if the needle is too close The liquid don't leave it . So the needle goes to the next  decal with liquid on and destroy the work.
The needle has to be about 2-3mm  from the decal when flow the resine and when it is rised has to take a 10mm safe distance to move to the next.

Hood

« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2006, 04:46:01 PM »
Easily done and with a fast rapid speed you should get with a servo machine you will be able to fly around the decals ;)
 I have no experience of using more than three axis but think probably code something like this would do what you want.
G0 X0 Y0 Z0    (move X Y and Z axis to 0,0,0 at machine rapid)
G0 Z-7            (move Z to -7 at rapid)
G0 A?             (Open valve, This will be the amount of pulses you need to open the valve)
G0 A0             (close valve)
G0 Z0             (Rapid Z back to 0)
 Then on to the next position and repeat.

Hood
« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2006, 05:28:28 PM »
Thanks Hood...! I will test it as soon as I can.

I feel so alone to this project since my friends (graphic artists) has permanent war with hardware....
Do you bother to share with you (all of you) my process in the machine (with photos) and the G code of course...! :D :D :D ;)

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 23, 2006, 05:42:23 PM »
Don't feel alone. This group of guys will get you through it. ;) You'll love Mach. Keep us posted.
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!
« Reply #19 on: October 23, 2006, 10:28:45 PM »
George, you said you are using a plural component Urethane or Epoxy resin.  Don't you have to introduce 2 components and mix them to get a reaction?  This would me 2 valves and some kind of a mixing/impingement  chamber.  Does the dispense valve device you showed us do this?  Have you thought about how you are going to flush out the dispenser after your shots?

Personally, I don't see how a stepper motor is going to be anywhay fast enough to control a couple of drops of dispensed resin.  Pnuematically actuated valves (as Hood suggested) is definitely the way to go. 

If it where me, I would do what Hood suggested, use the M7 or M8 command to trigger a shot timer (you can set it for fractions of a second) that will dispense the correct amount of resin.  This IMHO, would be much more controlable.

Just my $.02

Sid