Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 02:10:25 PM

Author Topic: Program E-Stop in middle of jobs  (Read 10484 times)

Program E-Stop in middle of jobs
« on: October 21, 2006, 12:30:37 PM »
I recently upgraded my Taig mill with their new DSLS system. I am having problems with the machine shutting down in the middle of jobs with unprogrammed e-stops.
This is very frustrating because I have to reinitialise each time this happens. I tried using a debounce of 5000 as suggested but I'm still having the problem. I
have to run below 25% of max speed to avoid these stops. I do not have the problem when moving at high speed while manually jogging the axes.  Also, I am only
cutting wax. Anybody have any ideas?

Thanks, Wawatobi
Re: Program E-Stop in middle of jobs
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2006, 05:15:10 PM »
You have noise in your system and it could be a ground loop :( put on a low pass filter and it may fix your problem... What are you dunning for drives an so on?

Tho other thing that you can do for a test is to disable to Estop input. please have the power cable in your hand to power the thing down if you need to.
Fixing problems one post at a time ;)

www.newfangledsolutions.com
www.machsupport.com
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2006, 03:40:20 PM »
Sorry, I don't know what a low pass filter is, and Idon't know what you mean by "What are you dunning for drives and so on?"
I'll try disabling the e-stop input and see what happens.

Hood

« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2006, 04:55:55 PM »
I think "dunning" should be running :) Basically Brian is asking what make drives, breakout motors etc you have.
Hood
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2006, 06:25:38 PM »
Hi,,
     I'm using Taigs new dsls 3000 servo system. Mach 3 post processor, Deskproto and BobCad to generate G-code. I can move the axes at blistering speeds
while jogging with no problem so far. Problem occurs when operating above  25% of Max during program milling.
Thanks, Rob

Offline ART

•  1,702 1,702
  • Tough as soggy paper.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2006, 07:37:31 PM »
Sounds like noise. Its about the only thing that will give you Estops when none exist. Set a
Debounce interval of 5000 in the config. That woudl be 5000 x 40us of filetering to stop the noise or about
200ms..

Art
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2006, 07:46:51 PM »
Tried debounce of 5000. Still get the e-stop

Wawatobi
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2006, 01:25:00 PM »
Setting the debounce to 5000 didn't help. I tried to deactivate the estop input but couldn't do it.
What is the proper procedure for this?. I went into ports and Pins, Input. Then changed the chekk mark on estop to an x, pressed Apply and then
OK. When I went back in, the check mark was in there again.
  I tried moving the controller box but things got even worse. At the new position I couldn't even jog without the estop coming on. I moved the box
back where it had been before and things improved. Now however, the program estops even at 20% of max.

Wawatobi
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2006, 08:56:22 PM »
I tried running through a milling operation tonight and after a number of cycles I noticed that the estop always occured when the program called
for a z-axis movement. I took the z-axis motor off and reattached it . There are four pieces of plastic tubing between the couplings which link the motor to the
screw. The gap between the couplings was larger than the gap on the other two axes. I readjusted the gap to specs, cleaned the screw and tried running through
the milling operation again. I tried it at 20%,30%,40% and 50% of max speed and had no e-stop. My manual says that the program will e-stop if the encoder
doesn't match the motor input. I'm hoping that the crap on the z screw created enough drag to cause this e-stop. This has caused me a lost week of work so
I'll let you know if the problem is solved after runining the mill for a couple of days without problems.

Cheers, Wawatobi
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2006, 11:26:33 PM »
That is good to know! I didn't know that they did that... Every day my head gets more crap pushed in... It hurts...
Fixing problems one post at a time ;)

www.newfangledsolutions.com
www.machsupport.com