Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 04:17:36 AM

Author Topic: M3 Screen - Modern 1024x768 optimized for Touch Screen  (Read 46445 times)

Re: M3 Screen - Modern 1024x768 optimized for Touch Screen
« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2010, 04:15:04 PM »
Hi,
I'm new both to the forum and Mach3 but I must say this looks very nice!
I have downloaded and played a little bit with it without any hardware connected.
I will have a ELO touch screen on my mill so I will certainly give this a try.

Since I'm totally new to Mach3 I can’t give so much feedback yet but I have 3 questions so far regarding the M3 screen.
1. I don’t have the correct font on the hardware tab. It seems to be the default font.
2. The Stop button is flashing yellow all the time. Is it correct or is it only on my PC.
3. Will the offset tab be in the M3 screen as well?
I’m running Visa64 for the moment, but I will have XP on my PC for the mill. I’m waiting for a power supply before I can test on that PC.
--Per
« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2010, 06:56:37 AM »
Hi,
I'm new both to the forum and Mach3 but I must say this looks very nice!
I have downloaded and played a little bit with it without any hardware connected.
I will have a ELO touch screen on my mill so I will certainly give this a try.

Since I'm totally new to Mach3 I can’t give so much feedback yet but I have 3 questions so far regarding the M3 screen.
1. I don’t have the correct font on the hardware tab. It seems to be the default font.
2. The Stop button is flashing yellow all the time. Is it correct or is it only on my PC.
3. Will the offset tab be in the M3 screen as well?
I’m running Visa64 for the moment, but I will have XP on my PC for the mill. I’m waiting for a power supply before I can test on that PC.
--Per

Thank you, I'm glad you like it.  You need to install the fonts that are included in the zip file under the FONTS folder.  The stop button will flash until you are connected to your machine and reset.  I am working on the offset, probe and touch off screens now (as time permits). 

-Scott
« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2010, 12:41:30 PM »
Thank you for your replay. I have the fonts in c.\Mach3\Fonts directory and I have installed the fonts in windows as well, but no success.
I got my power supply today so I will make a test on the PC with xp today. I let you know the result. It might be a Vista 64 issue.

--Per
« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2010, 03:12:45 PM »
Thank you for your replay. I have the fonts in c.\Mach3\Fonts directory and I have installed the fonts in windows as well, but no success.
I got my power supply today so I will make a test on the PC with xp today. I let you know the result. It might be a Vista 64 issue.

--Per
Drag and drop the fonts into c:\windows\fonts to install them.  Restart Mach3 and then go to FUNCTION CFG > FONTS and select the fonts as shown in the screen capture in the zip file FONTS directory
« Reply #14 on: August 18, 2010, 03:32:34 PM »
Thank you. Works like a charm now :-)
I missed the part to configure the fonts in Mach3. New on this but I'm learning.
I work as a software developer so I'm used to search for things, but this I have totaly missed.

--Per
« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2010, 05:29:59 AM »
Last night I connected my machine to Mach3, but the stop button still flashed after reset.
I must reset Mach3 from my machine. A brain file listen to "enable1-signal"  and then resets mach3.
This may be the reason why the stop button don't stop to flash. This has probably nothing to do with the screen, but maybe you know how to solve this any way.

I must say that so far this screen works very well with the tuch screen.

Regards
--Per
« Reply #16 on: August 20, 2010, 12:28:39 PM »
Sorry,  A brain file listen to "input#1-signal"  and then resets mach3, not "enable1-signal".
--Per

« Reply #17 on: August 21, 2010, 06:32:22 AM »
Finally found what causing the flashing. This was a great exercise since I learned a lot about Mach3 customization along the way.
I found that the blinking yellow stop button was the triggerd by "Optional Stop On LED" (Oemled 65). It also took some time to find out what that was :-)

Have you thought about the "Estimated Program Run Time" in simulation? I have a suggestion to put that under the "Run From Here" button, after the file name.
--Per
« Reply #18 on: August 22, 2010, 02:00:33 AM »
I found that the blinking yellow stop button was the triggerd by "Optional Stop On LED" (Oemled 65).
So, now that you found the problem, how did you solve it??? I have a flashing STOP button also.
"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away." Antoine de Saint-Exupery (1900 - 1944)
« Reply #19 on: August 22, 2010, 03:07:18 AM »
The Optional Stop led is on when Stop on M1 Command is selected.
So in Config->General Config there is a checkbox under M01 Control that say "Stop on M1 Command". If you uncheck this it will stop flashing.

--Per