Hello Guest it is April 18, 2024, 03:21:19 PM

Author Topic: New IPS (Interactive Programming System) Professional Screen for Turn  (Read 117353 times)

Re: New IPS (Interactive Programming System) Professional Screen for Turn
« Reply #170 on: November 11, 2013, 08:40:38 AM »
Wes, That is very generous of you, Thank you  

Had to go back and reread this Thread as it has been so long and my memory failed me.  ::)

Hope to modify and use for my present need, as I have just built a new 4 axis turning center.

But on opening the lset, noticed that some support files are flagged as missing. Installer missed them maybe?

Very sweet, tremendous amount of work you put in to this fine project.

thanks again  ;D

« Last Edit: November 11, 2013, 08:48:19 AM by Ya-Nvr-No »

Offline DaOne

•  236 236
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: November 11, 2013, 08:54:09 AM »
They were most likely never fully removed and just used as placeholders. Never the less here they are...

Offline DaOne

•  236 236
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: November 11, 2013, 09:06:01 AM »
Just a bit of info. This installer should work perfectly if you want to have a look at the screen. Just install it and then in the mach3 loader select the "Mach3 IPS Turn" profile. The included macro files are only needed if you need to modify the screen set.  As far as i remember the screen itself works perfectly however the IPS stuff needed to be finished. If anyone needs to contact me (or buy me a beer (paypal) for my work  ;D) you can do so at xgenmods@gmail.com. Hope others find a use for this as I put many hours into it. I wish Mach3 was a bit better on the lathe side to keep me here but I don't see that happening anytime soon.

-Wes

Offline poppabear

•  2,235 2,235
  • Briceville, TN, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: November 11, 2013, 09:11:19 AM »
Rich, and other Lathe users........

We had started a community based screen set a while back, When Da-One was showing his stuff, it was very good.
We had even talked of collaborating.....  But, at that time my time was very limited and so was his..........

I don't mind trying to do a "Community" screen, but, the issue then, and historically, is when you ask users what they want, response is poor........  they are FAST at pointing out things they don't like, but offer no solutions or even help.

There is A LOT of work, that goes into a comprehensive screen set, most of it, it (for me at least), designing all the custom bit maps, and making screen pages that are practical without a lot of "Skiddle Puke" on it......

I am going to start another thread under, the Works in progress, heading under screen design.

Please go to that thread, and see the questions and see if this is something the lathe users want to do.......  I will be glad to help, but..... there is all kinds of talent and mature mach users on this site now. There are guys that do good screen work, and/or macros, etc......

Scott
fun times

Offline DaOne

•  236 236
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: November 11, 2013, 09:16:03 AM »
Scott.. did you see post #169? That should be a good start. :)
« Reply #175 on: January 26, 2015, 03:52:46 AM »
I know old post loaded this wow clean wish the IPS was Complete anyone do any work with this or know a screen set that has an IPS?
« Reply #176 on: March 06, 2015, 03:14:03 PM »
I know old post loaded this wow clean wish the IPS was Complete anyone do any work with this or know a screen set that has an IPS?

I have two lathes that say the same thing :)

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: March 06, 2015, 04:07:42 PM »
I don't know of any that has an IPS.
Mach4 will have additional Gcodes to do basics when done.
In the meantime use ( and not necesssarily in the order given):

NFS Lathe Wizard, use other wizards currently available, hand program, use some available Macro's folks have done, use Lazyturn,
or buy a CAM program for the lathe.

RICH