Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 08:26:31 PM

Author Topic: M3 Screen - Modern 1024x768 optimized for Touch Screen  (Read 46441 times)

M3 Screen - Modern 1024x768 optimized for Touch Screen
« on: July 20, 2010, 12:46:09 PM »
In response to several requests for modern looking screens and my own personal preference I've decided to develop my own screen called M3.  I have a 19" Elo touch screen and didn't think any of the available screens my my needs.  I still have some major tweaking to do.   I would really like to hear any comments or suggestions for improvement.  This is my first screen and very new to Mach3 so please be kind.

Re: M3 Screen - Modern 1024x768 optimized for Touch Screen
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2010, 09:34:22 PM »
looks interesting but it would be better to be able to try it out. looks like some things are not needed, what is the special wizard for? I rarely use wizards now, not sure it warrants three buttons.
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2010, 05:41:23 AM »
So what would you suggest?

Offline kcib

•  74 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2010, 09:05:47 AM »
Looks very good I for one would use it as I to have an ELO touchscreen , as for the buttons whatever you put in will never suit everyone I say keep up the good work and when done I will certainly give it a go
Alan
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2010, 07:28:30 AM »
Nice looking screen. Clean, crisp and well arranged. One thing bothers me there is the location of the Reset button. It's too close to the Rewind button for a touch screen. User can accidentally hit it when going for rewind.

Color scheme and layout are excellent. I'd love to see other screens too when they are complete.

Zafar
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2010, 01:39:29 PM »
Here are some updates with some screen captures of it running.  I've been using it for a few days now and I like the overall feel of it as well as the functionality.

Positive and negative feedback appreciated. 
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2010, 01:10:50 AM »
Looks really cool on the desktop pc. Not sure how would it look like in the workshop environment. Can we have a copy to try.

Zafar
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2010, 07:43:03 AM »
It has possibilities but,
Now no Wizard buttons?
Noticed a truncation of the status message on the Program page.

I'd always wanted to be able to color code the status message's Font, based on Importance.
but haven't even had time to look into if it is possible.

I love my "Search M06" button, (looks for the next tool change in my gcode)
I would have replaced one of the wizard buttons with that one first.
I have a screen tab of 28 buttons on doing just gauging, touch offs and alignments.

Post the screen set and graphics to see what others come up with.
Screens sets are always a work in progress.
I am sure yours has some future for many users.
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2010, 02:45:35 PM »
It has possibilities but,
Now no Wizard buttons?
Noticed a truncation of the status message on the Program page.

I'd always wanted to be able to color code the status message's Font, based on Importance.
but haven't even had time to look into if it is possible.

I love my "Search M06" button, (looks for the next tool change in my gcode)
I would have replaced one of the wizard buttons with that one first.
I have a screen tab of 28 buttons on doing just gauging, touch offs and alignments.

Post the screen set and graphics to see what others come up with.
Screens sets are always a work in progress.
I am sure yours has some future for many users.

I don't think I will be using wizard too often so I'm not sure if they will be included on these pages.  I may create a User page similar to the new MachStdMill screenset.  Then users can do whatever they please.  You are right about "always a work in progress"  I'm sure I'll tweak it more.  The wizards and M06 buttons could be placed just to the right of the g-code screen on the program run page.  I'll give it some thought.  The status text isn't truly truncated, that just the ticker and it was simply captured that way.  

To all, this screen isn't ready for general consumption as of yet.  I'll see if I can get it up and going in the next day or so and post back here.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2010, 02:47:57 PM by dotScott »
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2010, 04:30:44 PM »
Major setback.  Long story short, I lost my source graphic file and needed to recreate all the elements.  Below is a preview of the latest Hardware page along with an incomplete set file to try out.  Please let me know if you find any issues with button assignments, etc.  Included in the ZIP file are the fonts used.  These fonts are from dafont.com (and excellent resource for fonts!) and are free for personal use.