Hello Guest it is April 25, 2024, 09:18:53 PM

Author Topic: Mach seems to be cutting on the wrong side??? Any ideas?  (Read 10911 times)

Mach seems to be cutting on the wrong side??? Any ideas?
« on: July 15, 2010, 05:24:04 PM »
Hi All,

Cant seem to see what Im doing wrong on this one Ill try and explain the problem,

Ok so I drew up my part and created the G-code file (I did the demo run in mastercam and everything seemed good), I then imported it into mach 3 and set up my stock, the display picture of my part in mach 3 seemed identical in layout and placement to mastercam, This is where it gets a bit strange.... when cutting, everything in the display looks good but the cut is completely in revers and upside down ( altho the picture looks correct the machine seems to be cutting a part that is turned 180 degrees to the left and flipped 180 degrees ) ?? I decided to finish the part as the shape would come out fine except the pockets were in reverse ( and on the wrong side ), Its kind of hard to describe , I have tried reversing the motors but this just seems to throw up more problems,

( I think if my mill head was flipped 180 and the work piece stayed where it was everything would come out correctly As an Example lol )

( Just a side note,, All the depths of cuts are fine )

If anyone has any ideas or would like to seem my profile or g-code file I can send it ( as its probably the only way to know what the hell I'm talking about ) ( its a bit to large to post )

Sorry if its not completely clear Its kind if hard to explain

Many Thanks

Offline ger21

•  6,295 6,295
    • View Profile
    • The CNC Woodworker
Re: Mach seems to be cutting on the wrong side??? Any ideas?
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2010, 05:25:49 PM »
Your machine is set up backwards. Sounds like both the X and Y axis are moving the wrong way.
Gerry

2010 Screenset
http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM Dovetail and Box Joint software
http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2010, 05:31:58 PM »
Hi yep the first thing i tryed was reversing the axis in homing and limits but it still wouldent cut corisponding tho the diagram layout in mach 3 , sounds weird I know  :-\

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2010, 05:38:31 PM »
Please attach your xml and the code using the additional options button.
Hood
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2010, 05:49:05 PM »
Here we go it may look ok till its put on the machine

Thanks Guys

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2010, 05:54:31 PM »
First thing I notice is you have your keys for jogging set backwards from normal so that would suggest your axis are also reversed.
When you press the right arrow key your table should move to the left, does yours do that?
Hood
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2010, 06:00:17 PM »
Hi yep it does now i think because I changed the motor setting trying to sort out the problem but before it was as you said press right move left ( was like that for the cut ) i have just checked the part I cut against the mastercam layout it has basically flipped it 180 degrees across the x axis  and done all the pockets that side so Im left with a part in revers  ( all be it a very nice part lol )

Thanks for looking at it hood

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2010, 06:08:07 PM »
Ok so if you are at X0 and you MDI a G0X1 move does the table move left?
Hood
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2010, 06:17:44 PM »
Hi hood Im out by my machine and yep it moves to the left

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2010, 07:09:50 PM »
Weird one then, cant see how doing a MDI moves correctly but doing from code does not, will have a further look through the xml but cant see how anything can be wrong..
Hood