Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 07:36:29 AM

Author Topic: ELO Touchscreen problem  (Read 19759 times)

Offline thosj

•  532 532
    • View Profile
ELO Touchscreen problem
« on: July 13, 2010, 11:38:22 AM »
I have Windows 7 32 bit, an ELO 19" touchscreen monitor connected via USB. Installing ELO drivers, monitor works fine in Windows. In Mach3, dev version or latest lockdown, the monitor works for seemingly everything except buttons with script, like Reference All. And to top that off, I can't even click Reference All or any other button with script even with the mouse. So I'm forced to uninstall the driver and unplug the USB cable to get Mach to recognize button presses on buttons with script so I can reference.

I've seen others mention using touchscreens, including ELO touchscreens. What am I doing wrong or what to I need to set somewhere in order to get this to work. Or are there workarounds for pressing buttons with script?

I've tried two ELO drivers, one Windows 7 exclusive, for gestures and stuff, and a generic one for all versions of Windows, XP up. Both exhibit the same behavior, strange behavior. In Mach I can click reset with the touchscreen, change screens, lots of stuff, but no script buttons.

--
Tom

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: ELO Touchscreen problem
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2010, 05:22:12 PM »
I did have an ELO touch screen but had to change the panel as it was SAW technology type and gave problems with the slightest bit of coolant activating things. Never had a problem with not being able to use VB buttons though. I have capacitive and resistive touch screens on four  machines and dont have a problem either but they are not ELO panels.
 Have you tried unplugging your mouse to see if there is a conflict there?
Hood

Offline thosj

•  532 532
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2010, 05:28:18 PM »
I'll go try unplugging the mouse, but every time I try something I have to install the driver again!! One thing for sure, if it's the mouse or the touch screen, the mouse wins. It's not like I don't have a KB and mouse on my setup, just built the touch panel into my box because it was available and had the ability to be mounted inside a box like this.

The thing I really don't understand is with the touchpanel driver active, I can't even CLICK script buttons with the mouse!! That is just too wierd!

Back in a bit.
--
Tom

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2010, 05:36:00 PM »
It is weird and the only thing I can think of is the driver is interfering with the VB Scripter in Mach.
As a test write a macro and save it to your profiles macro folder and call it something like m3000.m1s,
 in the macro just have

MsgBox ("It Works")

Then in MDI do m3000 and see if the message box pops up, if it doesnt then looks like it is a problem with all VB and the ELO driver.
Hood

Offline thosj

•  532 532
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2010, 06:30:58 PM »
The m3000.m1s ran OK. Disconnecting the mouse didn't fix it.

I'm done. There was more than the script buttons, Spindle Start wouldn't work. My SRO and FRO didn't work, nor did my other buttons with brains, brains reloaded and all!! ELO touch monitor is now just going to live it's life out as a normal monitor. THAT works great. I'll have to live with a mouse in the chip creation area. After this experience I'll not be easily convinced to even try the driver again.
--
Tom

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2010, 02:11:21 AM »
That is very weird indeed, any idea what type of panel it is?
Hood

Offline thosj

•  532 532
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2010, 07:38:47 AM »
No, I don't remember, I bought it on eBay and the guy told me before I bought it, but I've forgotten. I could look it up I suppose, but I'm not sure type of panel makes much difference unless it's one of the two types that seem to require different drivers according to the ELO web site. I'll check if I can get at something on the panel that tells me something I need to know to figure it out. Their documentation is generic so that won't tell me.

It just seems mighty strange to me it works on everything I tried in Windows, and works on some Mach buttons but not others, AND disables the mouse click on said buttons!!! If I somehow convinced myself I absolutely needed a touch screen, I'd look into it more intensly, but I'm not that convinced although these things have a way of creeping into your mind and you think of something and go try again!!
--
Tom

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2010, 08:14:38 AM »
I was just wondering if some of the drivers for other makes of panels may work, I have certainly never had any issues with any of the screens I have had, one is a 3m capacitive anothr 3m resistive and the other 2 are Chinese resistive.
Hood

Offline thosj

•  532 532
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2010, 09:59:16 AM »
I think mine might be SAW, from your experience, not the best for shop use anyway, but mine is not too prone to coolant drops. ELO calls it IntelliTouch. The monitor I have, as near as I can determine (discontinued in 2006), comes in SAW and 5 wire resistive. I can't find any ref to what in the model/serial numbers tell me. I have an email in to ELO tech support to have them tell me.
--
Tom

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2010, 10:25:42 AM »
Is the front of the screen flexible or does it feel like glass?
If its resistive you may feel very slight bumps as you run your finger across the screen.
Hood