Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 05:43:25 AM

Author Topic: quilting or embroidery machine  (Read 23146 times)

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
Re: quilting or embroidery machine
« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2010, 07:55:15 AM »
I think you are stuck with "Tool0" Larry - this appears to be part of the Mach programming rather than 'user customizable'.

I was thinking that maybe using a "resume from here" feature with a button would help that issue.

Isn't that what I just said........ "Adding a VB button to the screen which could then be used to command the 'Resume' (OEM code 1005) which would enable the thread to be repaired and the program continue from where it stopped.".  ;D ;D ;D

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2010, 07:58:16 AM »
Yep, 1-0 your point!

Thanks,

Larry

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 04, 2010, 08:09:13 AM »
please accept my apologies Larry I didn't mean to be sarcastic - it was meant in humor.

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #13 on: July 04, 2010, 08:31:11 AM »
Thank you for your help for my English is not good I can not understand, anyway, thank you .... I'll try to do something themselves ... Mehmet İzzet KÖSE

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 04, 2010, 10:17:05 AM »
Mehmet,

Could you perhaps have a friend who can help you with translating our English ?.

The main purpose of this forum is to create a better understanding and use of Mach3 and we would really like to help you to resolve your problem.

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #15 on: July 04, 2010, 11:47:16 AM »
I understand now I'm using google translation, but I guess it does not translate the full meaning, I really like the Mach3, all kinds of doing my job, but now I can not use the quilting machine with the full meaning of Mach3 Mehmet İzzet KÖSE
« Reply #16 on: July 04, 2010, 12:15:27 PM »
Mehmet,

Ok, tell me why you can't usethe quilting machine with the full meaning of Mach3.  That is a little bit unclear.  I have built an automated quilter, and so I understand the principles necessary to make it work.

Larry
« Reply #17 on: July 04, 2010, 12:19:05 PM »
Tweakie,

Hey no prob.  No foul.   Don't let it worry you.  I take no offense over anything such as that.  I guess our main mission is to help Mehmet get his rig running, eh?

Larry
« Reply #18 on: July 04, 2010, 03:32:44 PM »
Larry how you can help me on this? for example, a sample macro code can send files or get a brain? Thanks ... Mehmet
« Reply #19 on: July 05, 2010, 10:48:04 AM »
Hi Mehemetkose

An optical sensor may not work unless you keep it perfectly clean, also if the thread goes slack even for a second it will trip and stop the machine unfortunately sometimes the thread knots and stays tight and the machine will keep going.

One method is to contact a supplier of coin micro switches like this one. Shape the end so it is held closed by the thread.

Put it just (after) the thread tensioner on the sewing head or near by.

http://www.happcontrols.com/amusement/pinball/95417000.htm

However it is not ideal if the thread knots it will stay on as above

I can guarantee the next option works. I used on for many years. But you will have to get a technician to make one up for you. I am no longer Quilting.

Get a cheap shaft Encoder (it must have ball bearings.)
This one is OK S1-500-236-I-B-D
http://usdigital.com/products/encoders/incremental/rotary/shaft/s1/

Mount it on your machine head (before) the thread tensioner.
Put a small 20mm pulley on the shaft, and wrap the thread once around the pulley and then through the normal thread tensioner you already have on the sewing head. It will not effect the tension. (That is why a ball bearing type is better)

The technician will have to design a circuit that will cut the power as soon as the little wheel on the encoder stops rotating for more than say 2 seconds. That can be adjustable. However it must not work for say 5 seconds after the machine starts. So he will be building 2 timers that work one after the other.  I remember the man that did mine used a couple of 555 timers and a relay. The parts cost is around 100USD. Maybe there is a tech in this forum that wants to give it a try, and do it for “Mates Rates” Labour.

I guess this will not be that cheap in the end. However it works every time. If the thread stops moving (tangled or not) it will stop.

Often at the same time the thread breaks the needle brakes causing the blunt end of the stub that is left to punch holes as it merrily wrecks the work piece.  I guess that is your main reason for concern.

Cheers

John Mac
« Last Edit: July 05, 2010, 10:51:39 AM by John Mac »