Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 07:31:32 AM

Author Topic: quilting or embroidery machine  (Read 23149 times)

quilting or embroidery machine
« on: June 27, 2010, 08:36:11 AM »
Hi, me a code should help you hopefully, I'm a quilting machine made but the rope broke when the machine I can select a coordinate to the waiting required, and I re-start once the ultimate when it was to come back to work from where it should continue, such a code for you that happy, I Mehmet KOSE
Re: quilting or embroidery machine
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2010, 01:32:50 PM »
Why does not anyone reply, only looked away, everyone ??????
« Last Edit: July 02, 2010, 01:35:03 PM by mehmetkose »

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2010, 01:40:04 PM »
I am afraid I dont really understand what you are asking :(

Hood

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2010, 01:55:11 PM »
Sorry but I don't understand either - perhaps if you rephrase your question or attach pictures of the problem we would have a better idea.

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2010, 03:17:34 PM »
Hi All, I just like working style of embroidery machine thread break sensor will see when you go to the reference point will stop working after the start button and remain old will continue to work to where you want to go, Mehmet İzzet KÖSE

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2010, 07:55:49 PM »
Afraid I am still not clear what you want, it seems like you have a sensor  that  detects if the thread breaks and you want it to be monitored so that when seen it will feedhold and stop Mach.
Is that correct?
Hood
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2010, 04:18:31 AM »
yes, with a sensor to detect (the rope broke) to stop work and wait for me to start going to the reference point will come later once the start to coordinate and will continue where it left off
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2010, 05:37:14 AM »
Mehmet,

I think I understand what you are asking.  You would like to know if there is a way to set up a switch to detect the breakage of the thread.  Yes, that is possible.  I would recommend using an optical switch that can be held back by the thread, and when the thread breaks the switch will close and stop the machine.  This would be swimilar to an estop switch, and as a matter of fact would be connected to one of the estop connectors on the board.

Good luck with your project.

Larry

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2010, 06:52:16 AM »
Mehmet,

My thoughts are these...........

As Larry has said, an optical switch to detect the thread break.
The switch could then be connected to an input which triggers a 'Pause' event (OEM code 1001). Adding a VB button to the screen which could then be used to command the 'Resume' (OEM code 1005) which would enable the thread to be repaired and the program continue from where it stopped.

However, one thing bothers me about this - and that is that while repairing the thread you would be working on a machine which is potentially dangerous (only paused by software control) so some form of mechanical machine lock may be necessary for safety's sake.

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2010, 07:15:47 AM »
Tweakie,

You are so right.  There needs to be a safety mechanism in place to prevent the system from starting up when the thread is repaired and the switch reset.  I was thinking that maybe using a "resume from here" feature with a button would help that issue.

Oh, by the way, I have a question of my own.  In the toolpath window at the upper left corner it says "tool-0".  Is there any way to remove that.  I don't need it in my window for the CNC Quilter since there are no tools involved.

Larry