Hello Guest it is April 19, 2024, 12:23:44 AM

Author Topic: MP03 pendant-Smoothstepper conflict  (Read 11908 times)

MP03 pendant-Smoothstepper conflict
« on: June 21, 2010, 04:14:05 AM »
Help, has anyone managed to get the Homann Designs MP03 pendant kit working with the Smoothstepper running in Mach3 .I have tried everything my very limited electronics knowledge can think of without success as the two seem to be in complete conflict with each other. Very disappointing after having built it to find that on the face of it they appear to be incompatible.Unless you know differently.
Scratch

Offline poppabear

•  2,235 2,235
  • Briceville, TN, USA
    • View Profile
Re: MP03 pendant-Smoothstepper conflict
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2010, 04:24:11 AM »
Yes, that is true, the Smooth Stepper handles the e stop in a conflicting way with the Pendant Estop. So I sent a Revised Plugin to Peter Holman that has an option where you can UNCHECK a box that says "Use Pendant Estop", when you Uncheck that, the Estop function/button is disable on the Pendant, so your only using the SS Estop at that time.

The logic that the SS uses is mutually exclusive to the logic that the Pendant uses for estop functions, so unless he makes and option to do his estop logic differnt, then the above is the only way I know to make the two live togeter. If you still want to use the EStop button on the pendant, I would run a seperate pair of wires to it, along they serial cable (or make your on cable with 2 extra conductors past the serial 9), and then run thos pair into the SS, so in essence the Estop button would still "Work" from the pendant....

I DID leave the E Stop LED status function still working.......

scott
fun times
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2010, 04:44:30 AM »
Hi Scott,  thanks for that but i still have further problems. When i open the Mp03 profile i am asked do i want to use parallel port or smoothstepper. Click on smoothstepper then asked to assign config details to smoothstepper using smoothstepper plug in set up tab. Input relevant criteria but am then told "settings threshold in config failed" and no settings can be saved so still no joy. Any suggestions?
i have emailed Peter so hopefully he will send me a revised plug in for the e stop.
Charlie

Offline poppabear

•  2,235 2,235
  • Briceville, TN, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2010, 10:30:11 AM »
Pete told me that the new "fixed" plugin cleared your prob, is that true?

scott
fun times
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2010, 02:38:13 AM »
Hi Scott,  the revised plug in certainly fixed the e stop problem once i had unchecked the new "use pendant e-stop " box but now i can get past that stage i now have the problem outlined above in that if the MP03 plug in is activated i cannot save any config files for the smoothstepper plug in and i just get the error message  "settings threshold in config failed "  and Mach will not save any smoothstepper parameters in the smoothstepper plug in config tab. Got any ideas. I have asked on the various forums if anyone who uses a smoothstepper has a functioning MP03 pendant but so far no replies.

Charlie
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2010, 12:26:39 AM »
Hi Charlie,

I just got back from being interstate. There may be something in Scott's plugin that is interfering with the SmoothStepper plugin.  I'll ask Greg if he knows what the interference may be.

Cheers,

Peter
----------------------------------------------------
Homann Designs
http://www.homanndesigns.com
email: peter at homanndesigns.com
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2010, 03:02:56 AM »
Thanks Peter, appreciate all the help.

Charlie

Offline poppabear

•  2,235 2,235
  • Briceville, TN, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2010, 03:49:03 AM »
Pete,

There is nothing in my plugin to interfere with the SS, what the plugin does, is take info to and from the Serial Plugin Modbus, and depending on what that info is applies it to mach3 button, label, DRO or LED functions. The plugin has absoulutly NO connection to controlling the Trajectory planner, OTHER than standard JOGGING, that is done using the same Jog plugin codes that Brian uses........

The XML that the plugin writes is to a different section of the Mach3 XML. If Greg is using the Serial Plugin Modbus for anything on the SS, then it could be there, but I dont think he is. So, I suspect that this is something that is inside of Mach3 and will take someone at Brians level to ferret out.

scott
fun times
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2010, 04:57:33 AM »
Thanks for that Scott, anybody at Artsoft got any ideas how to get the smoothstepper working with the pendant otherwise  i'll have to hang the mp03 on the wall as an ornament.?.

Charlie
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2010, 10:21:12 PM »
Hi Charlie,

We'll get there, it will just take a little time. I'm waiting on a reply from Greg regarding the smoothstepper. He  is interstate at the moment.

Keep in mind that I'm in Austral, Scott is in Iraq, and Greg, Brian are in the USA. That creates delays in corresponding etc :)

Cheers,

Peter.

Thanks for that Scott, anybody at Artsoft got any ideas how to get the smoothstepper working with the pendant otherwise  i'll have to hang the mp03 on the wall as an ornament.?.

Charlie
----------------------------------------------------
Homann Designs
http://www.homanndesigns.com
email: peter at homanndesigns.com