Hello Guest it is April 26, 2024, 02:33:12 AM

Author Topic: MP03 pendant-Smoothstepper conflict  (Read 11929 times)

Re: MP03 pendant-Smoothstepper conflict
« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2010, 02:56:32 AM »
Thanks Peter, i understand  what you are saying and i appreciate the time you guys are committing  to the problem.
Cheers
Charlie

Offline poppabear

•  2,235 2,235
  • Briceville, TN, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2010, 09:09:32 AM »
I have looked again at the Plugin source, I dont see anything that would conflict.......

BUT!!!  I do think the problem is here:

The SS is an external motion plugin, and as such on that plugins init, it tells mach that it is not using machs motion (para port), code, that it will handle all motion code.

The Pedant kit code, writes to the motion stuctures (for movement stuff like Jogging), that are the structures for motion in machs internal motion code i.e. the Parallel port stuff.......

So in essence when you run any External motion board that "Takes over" all the motion, then stuff like Pedant plugins that write to Machs OEM internal motion structures have been taken over and disabled by the external motion board.

I suspect the solution would be to have Greg, Make/expose some of his external motion code so that I could call his hooks from the pendant code.  OR something along those lines..........

scott
fun times

Offline allyd

•  24 24
  • Aussie Aussie Aussie
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2010, 09:17:30 AM »
Hi guys, I have my Mp03 pendant working but not functioning as the unit should. I can't enable the brains that come with the plugin, when enabled the X axis makes small 1/2" forward rapid movements. I have absolutely NO idea how to write or sort out brain programming so I have left it well alone. In doing so my MPG movements are very disjointed and jittery but with my machine being bigger than most having some remote control is better than nothing.

In my set-up I must have power (24v) to the pendant before I start Mach3, if not then it all locks up and I have to close Mach and start again. I'm grateful that I have this pendant even though it's not perfect it has made using my machine a lot easier.

Offline poppabear

•  2,235 2,235
  • Briceville, TN, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2010, 09:32:30 PM »
there is no brains that come with the pendant plugin, it is all done in the plugin.........

scott
fun times

Offline poppabear

•  2,235 2,235
  • Briceville, TN, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 28, 2010, 10:18:13 PM »
Update:

I got the MP-03 (peter holmans pendant kit based on the ModIO), working with the Smooth Stepper.  Also, Greg of SS and I skyped each other this evening on some changes that may need to help this issue with out the below Dog-and-Pony show tricks to get them to play together.

Here is what I did to get them to work togther, I started by making sure ONLY MP-03 pendant plugin and NOT the SS plug in was enabled.  I first varified that the MP-03 works as per normal.
Once it was working like it should I when into the Plugin config menu and disabled the MP-03.
Also, without my comp hooked to the machine, just using the MP-03 and SS by themselves......
I then made sure the ask about what motion thing to use was checked, so when i rebooted it would ask me if I wanted PP, or SS.....

On reboot, I rechecked and made sure that BOTH SS and MP-03 was disabled in the plugin config.
I then enabled ONLY the SS plugin, and closed and rebooted m3.

when it came up, I told it to use the SS, and once it came up, I made sure the SS was configured in PP as it should for the machine.  NOTE!!!!!!!!: for testing, I set the Estop to Use active low (set the GREEN check), hit apply and ok, then hit the reset. Once the SS was configured and running as it should.  I then CLOSED mach so that it would save the SS settings to the XML...

I then rebooted m3, when it came back up, it came back up in SS mode as it should.
Then I went to the configure plugins again, and enabled the MP-03, and double checked to make sure the Serial Plugin modbus was ON, and the Coms was working with NO errors, with the TEST dialog.

Then I closed M3 and rebooted again, both SS and MP-03 came up and played well together, with the ability to close and reopen m3 with no problems.......

I got with Greg and he is gonna do a NEW SS plugin also that will look at the XML and see if the MPG1 is enabled and the Ports and Pins for it are set to "0" ("0") is the setting that the MP-03 uses for MPG settings since it is pulled off the Modbus.

scott
fun times
« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2011, 06:33:24 AM »
I just wanted to post that I have my MP03 up and running with a Smoothstepper.  I had some configuration problems when I upgraded from 2.1 to 2.5 of the MP03 plugin, but it was just with my configuration of modbus, not the SS.  I do have electrical noise from my power supply that will lockup Mach and the SS, but by putting it on a different circuit fixed that.

Don