Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 08:42:35 AM

Author Topic: licensing mach3  (Read 6062 times)

licensing mach3
« on: October 15, 2006, 04:36:24 PM »
Hello, all.  I am brand new to this control, and cnc maching.  I have installed the trail version (R184) and have received my license.  I used the search, and viewed the FAQ but am still having trouble with licensing.  When I try to put my license document into the same folder as mach3.exe, I do not have that file name.  It is listed as Mach3 only and nothing changes in the help about Mach1 engine screen.  I have MANY questions, but I need to start here.

Suggestions??  Please direct me if this has been covered, and sorry for the newbie question, but I fear I will have many more. :-[

Thanks in advance.

Doug

Hood

Re: licensing mach3
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2006, 04:53:35 PM »
You put the license file in the Mach3 folder, if you installed Mach to the default location it will be C:\Mach3. When you next start Mach you should see your name in the Help,About Mach3 CNC controller page. BTW the reason you dont see Mach3.exe is that windows is hiding file extensions of known file types, you can change this if you wish.
Hood
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2006, 05:41:03 PM »
Thanks for the reply Hood.  I have the license file in the Mach3 folder, but nothing has changed in the help tab.  I do not have an about mach3 cnc controller selection.  I have a about mach 1 engine.  My name is not in the registerd to box.  I am missing something, as you can tell all this is very new. 

Hood

« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2006, 05:44:14 PM »
Ah sorry I see you have 1.84 version, I am using the 2 Version and the name has changed for the about page. You should definitely be seeing your name if you have the license file ther. You have shut down and restarted Mach?
 Maybe your license file is corrupt, give Art or Brian a mail and see if they can suggest anything or send another.
Hood
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2006, 06:00:21 PM »
Yes I re-started.   I'm getting a little worried as I purchased the licence through a third party which is why I'm posting here and I don't want to trouble Art or Brian if it is a problem with the company I purchased the licese from.  Is this done, what I mean is can this third pary sell me a valid license???

Hood

« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2006, 06:04:34 PM »
Yes a third party can sell you a license, all they do is get your details then apply to Art or Brian in your name and it will be sent to them or you. I would definitely mail Art or Brian and they will be able to check up and make sure it is legitimate.
Hood
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2006, 06:21:54 PM »
Thanks Hood, I'll send them an email.  I appreciate your help.

Doug

Hood

« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2006, 06:29:45 PM »
Hope you get sorted out.
Hood
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2006, 09:05:52 PM »
Sorted!  I sent Art an email, he replied right away and i'm now licensed.  Thanks Art, and Hood. :)

Doug

Hood

« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2006, 02:49:11 PM »
:)