Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 06:42:33 AM

Author Topic: Arrow Keys Failed to Jog- No problem with Keyboard keys in Other Applications  (Read 9840 times)

Offline khalid

•  213 213
    • View Profile
    • My Wood carving
I am having a strange problem today.. My Keyboard Arrow Keys failed to Jog the Motors...even the 'Page Up' and Page Down' keys didn't moved my Z-axis motor...I have done following more test:

a) I checked the System Hotkeys Setting in Mach3 and they were defined correctly for all Axes.
b) I open a Notepad and wrote some paragraph and Scrolled each Alphabets with Keyboard Arrow keys and they worked perfectly.
c) I have made a quick test to see if all axis are working is to issue some G0 commands on the MDI page of Mach3.  I typed G00 X2 Y4 Z6 and entered and all motors moved to its locations.

From a decade i am using the same Keyboard and the Arrow keys working perfectly in other applications but why it failed today?..Any idea or suggestions?

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Jog control off?
Hood

Offline khalid

•  213 213
    • View Profile
    • My Wood carving
Hi Hood.. I will definitly look it.. May be i pressed some wrong key during cleaning of my Keyboard when Mach3 was On... Any Hot key that makes the Jog control Off?

Offline khalid

•  213 213
    • View Profile
    • My Wood carving
Oops.. where i enable the Jog Control?...

Is it the same in Config-->General Configuration--->Persistent Jog Mode???

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
on main page of standard screenset, button  says Jog On/Off ctrl-alt-J

Hood

Offline khalid

•  213 213
    • View Profile
    • My Wood carving
Hi Hood:)
After 7-years i learnt some new...and You saved my day... May God keep you and your family Healthy and wealthy..Thanks for your help:)

Regards

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
no probs :)

Hood