Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 09:11:05 AM

Author Topic: DMC-2030 for lathe  (Read 11427 times)

Offline kcrouch

•  193 193
  • In way too deep!!!
    • View Profile
Re: DMC-2030 for lathe
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2010, 08:17:02 AM »
Mike,
As luck would have it, we are going to set up a 2040 on a router and see how well it works out. I have also seen the controllers on EBAY and appreciate the value, if we can get them working satisfactorily. It should take about a week to get them running and tested. I'll get back to you then.
Cheers,
Kenny
Having way too much fun! Something must surely be wrong.

Offline Haik

•  71 71
  • MachUser
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2010, 01:50:16 PM »
This is awesome news!...  I just bought a DMC-2030 on the hopes that moving to an industial quality control system will be an improvement. Thanks and I'm staying tuned in.

btw - If the 2030 works for me I'll be moving up to the 4040 right away.
« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2010, 12:21:32 PM »
Hi
Mike,
As luck would have it, we are going to set up a 2040 on a router and see how well it works out. I have also seen the controllers on EBAY and appreciate the value, if we can get them working satisfactorily. It should take about a week to get them running and tested. I'll get back to you then.
Cheers,
Kenny

Hi Kenny,
Any update with the USB Galil controller?

Mike
We never have the time or money to do it right the first time, but we somehow manage to do it twice and then spend the money to get it right.

Offline kcrouch

•  193 193
  • In way too deep!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2010, 12:50:49 PM »
I have had reports from 3 different people using these so far. I can't tell you that there will be no troubles, but none have been reported to me so far. The original auction has run out, but I have been told that there are still more controls available from them.
Good luck, and let me know about any problems that you may have. I am still working on the single point threading for the plugin, so don't plan on using that very soon, but I'll get it eventually.
Regards,
Kenny

Offline Haik

•  71 71
  • MachUser
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2010, 01:51:36 PM »
I just bought one those Ebay Galil DMC-2030's and am trying to get Windows (both XP and 7) and Mach3 to recognize it.  At present Windows Device Manager shows (see attached pic):
under "Universal Serial Bus Contollers"...
-- "Generic USB Hub"
under "Other Devices"...
-- ("!") "NET2888 USB Interface Controller"
I've installed the v7 drivers (I think) by running dmcdriverdll02.exe and dmcsmartterm02.exe and also Galil.m3p but the result in Mach3 is "Galil Card not connected!!"
I've also toggled the USB switch on the unit and have done the MRST jumper and rear panel switch, but still no luck.  Any help is much appreciated!
« Last Edit: July 27, 2010, 01:56:31 PM by Haik »

Offline kcrouch

•  193 193
  • In way too deep!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2010, 02:20:43 PM »
Smurph bought one of these and got it running right away. Proceedure is as follows:
download and install Smartterm. Reboot computer system. Use Smartterm to Register the controller in the Galil registry. Then connect to the controller using Smartterm and test it using some Galil Commands, Finally you need to connect to it in the plugin by selecting the correct controller on the first screen of the plugin config. You should download and follow the PDF for the plugin to avoid difficulties.
That should get you going.
Kenny

Offline Haik

•  71 71
  • MachUser
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2010, 03:13:05 PM »
Just a sanity check on Smarterm; Connect using Smarterm via USB or RS-232?

On USB I only get USB chip recognition ("NET2888 USB Interface Controller") and not "Galil Motion..." like I would've expected.  I haven't tried to connect via RS-232 yet.

Thanks!!

Offline kcrouch

•  193 193
  • In way too deep!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2010, 04:16:29 PM »
Definitely use the USB!! The serial is way too slow for this use.
Do you see the USB control under Smartterm? You should and select it and connect to it.
Kenny

Offline Haik

•  71 71
  • MachUser
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 27, 2010, 09:02:38 PM »
No luck, even following your instructions.  The device is unrecognized in Windows... when devices show up this way they're posted to Device Manger's "Other devices" which in a way is isolation.  From Smarterm all I get is this error message and no available conrollers to ad...

It looks like it's toast.  Thanks for trying!

Offline smurph

•  1,544 1,544
  • "That there... that's an RV."
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 29, 2010, 10:57:06 PM »
Haik,

I don't believe the drivers are properly installed.  The only way windows recognizes a device is if a driver is installed or there is at least a modicum of an INF file to give it information.  It looks like Windows recognizes the 2 port USB hub that is in the controller.  So it's either the driver is not there or the USB control has been disabled.  Look at DIP switch #10.  It should be in the off position.

Steve