Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 08:47:29 AM

Author Topic: New Keypads for PoKeys  (Read 8409 times)

New Keypads for PoKeys
« on: April 29, 2010, 12:02:02 PM »
We are now offering new Keypads and other resources for PoKeys panels: http://www.cnc4pc.com/Store/osc/index.php?cPath=54.

I have seen a lot of questions on how to setup pendants.  Probably the instructions on setting this stuff will answer some of the questions.

Arturo Duncan
http://cnc4pc.com

Offline borisz

•  220 220
    • View Profile
    • www.poscope.com
Re: New Keypads for PoKeys
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2010, 01:10:09 PM »
Great news Arturo!

regards

Boris
www.poscope.com home of PoKeys USB HID, IO, USB, Ethernet controler and PoScope USB PC oscilloscope

Offline poppabear

•  2,235 2,235
  • Briceville, TN, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2010, 03:02:26 AM »
Aurturo,

it looks good, thanks for putting my part, and Jays part on the site as well.
Note Jays companies name is just "Alpha Graphics", not "S S Alpha Graphics",

ALSO!!!  I STILL need you to send the header pinout def's, so I can finish the CNC Keys plugin!!!!!!!!!
I HAVE TO HAVE THE PINOUTS ASAP!!!!!!!!!!

scott
fun times
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2010, 09:11:00 AM »
Scott,

Fixed the “SS”:)

I sent you an email with the pinout.  You only need the pinout of the M31, since the M32 board connects to the M31.  All the pins are on the M31.

Please check the file, confirm al is OK.

Thanks,

Arturo Duncan

Offline poppabear

•  2,235 2,235
  • Briceville, TN, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2010, 09:37:40 AM »
OK understood, and I have the file, THANKS!!!!!!!

I will now be moving forward with final testing, and the

"PoCNCKeys" plugin installer should be sent to you shortly.......
The plugin will be called:  PoCNCKeys0.dll"  (and will take the place of any other pokeys plugs that use device ID 0 (which is any of them at current).

NOTE:  The Mach_CNC_Keys will uses a range of Matrix Key inputs that goes across/uses the same pins as the "Auxillary Data Bus" uses, so those that use the CNC keys, will NOT be able to use the ADB function, and it will disabled (grayed out), in the standard dialog window.

BTW:  I would HIGHLY recommend you show ALL three of the Mach_CNC_Keys together side by side, like they would be installed in a users panel, so folks can appreciate the whole picture.
ALSO: I would remove ALL pics that contain pictures of the "Old Style" (alll grey) prototype boards, they are UGLY in comparison, to the job that Jason did of inproving the looks of the Board Icons I did..... 

Jay is THE MAN for Graphics, no doubt about it.

Scott
fun times
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2010, 06:47:02 PM »
Scott,

I agree with the poor pictures, make no justifications to how the keypads really look.  I will try to upload new pictures and integration diagrams.  So people can better understand how to integrate them.

Thanks for the plugin…  Will this be a plugin that would be used instead of the regular pokeys plugin, or would it be installed in additional the pokeys plugin?  If it could be done either way, I think it would be better if it was an additional plugin that just handles the keypad functions.

In any case I also plan on posting some brains that would map the LEDs to the functions of the keypads.  That way people could customize the features for their specific setup.

With the current M31 it would be impossible to use the ADB.  Soon we should have boards that work with ADB, I would presume we will figure out what to do then.  Maybe we will add a connector on the M31, or a connector that goes between the M31 and M2.  We will figure something….

Arturo Duncan

Offline poppabear

•  2,235 2,235
  • Briceville, TN, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2010, 02:37:28 AM »
Arturo,

Yes it will be a custom plugin that will REPLACE the current plugin, the are esentially the same, except the new one is for the PoCNCkeys, MachCNCKeys what ever you wanna call it.

The users will NEED the plugin, to map the keys correctly, there really is no "remapping for thier configuration" in Brians or VB, since the keys do set Mach3 functions, i.e. Reset, Cycle Start, etc.  The plugin also gets rid of VB errors and Brian glitches. Especially the Jog control section, some of those keys will have to have state functions...

I am not saying a VB/Brians solution would not be do able, just honestly far more coding and complexity than most would want to get into.

scott
fun times

Offline poppabear

•  2,235 2,235
  • Briceville, TN, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2010, 12:16:07 AM »
Aurturo,

THe "Mach CNC Keys", or "Po CNC Keys" plug-in is just about done. I got alll the functions working, and it works great!!! I am adding a "Enable CNC Keys" check box onto the main cfg, screen. That way a user can test his Matrix Key LEDs to make sure he has it wired correctly, or trouble shooting. So you can varify the Matrix Key LEDs on the PoKeys Matrix page without firing off Mach3 button functions.

I have disabled the "ADB" cfg. (the button that goes to that config page is disabled).

I am also going a head and adding in the "Matrix LED" functions/grid to that will co-inside with the Version II of the "Mach CNC Keys" that will have the LEDs in the button to show its status. The code for that will be added, but not turned on until you can come out with a Version II "Mach CNC Keys" (with the button LEDs).

The Version I  will be PK version 10.1, and the Version II when it is ready, will be version 10.2.

I will ask around to see if I can find someone who has a video camera, and/or a digital camera, to get some pics and video of it all working.

I am also thinking of including a PoKeys config file with the installer that you can load your pokeys with, and that will save the end user from trying to figure that out as well. Basically, as turn key as I can make it.

One other thing:  Can you offer the "Round Style", Ribbon cables instead of the Flat Style ribbon cables??  You can often find the "round sytle ribbons" at Best buy, they are often used by computer guys that like to dress up the way the wiring in the comp looks like. They are considered after market.  The reason I ask, is the flat ribbons are HARD to route and they just look like POO-POO!!! It would dress it up, and also be easier to work with.

And a Last thing (really)...

PLEASE, PLEASE offer ALL three Mach CNC Keys, or, Po CNC Keys as a group, there is NO point to offer each board seperatly other than to replace a broken board. All three boards are designed to work with each other, and are dependent on each other to a degree. They where never designed as stand alone boards. So, If you would offer the "Complete" set as well.

scott
« Last Edit: May 02, 2010, 12:30:10 AM by poppabear »
fun times
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2010, 07:39:34 AM »
Scott,

Took note of your comments.

I agree the current design of keypads is designed to work together, as they have all the popular controls of mainstream CNC systems.  Please also notes that these keypads could also be an overkill for many PC based controls, which could opt for a simpler version, possibly with a different key assignment and functions, possibly for OEMs.  The idea is that the system remains as flexible as we are used have things with mach3.

I took note on your comment on the cable, I agree, I will work on it.  Thanks…

When will I have something to test?

Arturo Duncan

Offline poppabear

•  2,235 2,235
  • Briceville, TN, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2010, 02:56:03 AM »
so, will that mean you will show a pic of all three together, so the entire picture can be shown? also, I understand what your saying, but please realize that some of the keyboard functions are dependant on the existance of the other Keyboards, so the reality, is they where designed that way from the begining, the only reason I seperated them into 3, 4x4 units, is you told me it was cheaper to manufacture 4x4's (as they are common), verses a single 4x12.

I am calling the Plugin "Mach_CNC_Keys0.dll" (I think it would be a good idea to call the overal keys "Mach CNC Keys").
Again, PLEASE also put up a price that is for ALL 3 of the boards together, and I would recommend a full turn key package that would be the 3 boards, PLUS the PKMB you sell that connect it all together.

The Full Plugin is done and tested here, to include the Matrix LED functions, it all works good. I have "Disabled" the Use Matrix LEDs function AS it applies to the CNC Keys. So this current version will be 10.1 that is for CNC keys without LEDs embedded in the Keys.  When you have a CNC Keys WITH the LED done and sent to me for final testing, I will Re-Enable the Use Matrix CNC LEDs function, and that version will be 10.2.

On the CNC Keys you send me, (the one with the LEDs embedded in the keys), PLEASE send me a Non-Prototype one, that has the Keyboard Graphics sticky to lie flat, not the prototype you sent the graphics sticky, you can see the "Bumps" of the circuits that stick up above the PCB, and thus make it look like ugle Air bubbles are under the sticky.

scott

fun times