Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 08:54:38 PM

Author Topic: new user - No signal to board - I think?  (Read 3411 times)

new user - No signal to board - I think?
« on: October 07, 2006, 11:29:47 AM »
Hello

I have down loaded Mach3 1.84 and have it running on a desk top 2.6 processor.  I can get it to work (simulate) by pushing the "off line" button then the RESIT button stops blinking.  I can run programs and the axis record movement.

When I do not have it on "off line" I can not get it to RESIT it just keeps blinking.   I think my problem is that it is not getting a signal from the computer to my control board.  My control board is HobbyCNC's newest 4 axis pro board.  The board does work with my Deskcnc program but I would like to upgrade to MACH3.  I'm using the free down load of Mach3 at this point to see if I can get it to work before I buy the open version.

Again It seems that I'm not getting a signal to the board or that the program can not find the board.

Any help would be welcome.

Thanks

Mike

Hood

Re: new user - No signal to board - I think?
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2006, 11:34:13 AM »
If you go to config menu then ports and pins you will see the Input Signal tab, scroll down until you see E-Stop and change the active state. That should allow you to reset.
Hood

Hood

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2006, 11:37:38 AM »
BTW have a look at the setup video on the downloads page, it will give you an idea of how to configure your ports and pins for each axis, limits etc.
Hood
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2006, 11:53:12 AM »
Thank you Hood

I went out and tried to uncheck the estop but after clicking apply and then ok I tried the reset button and it would not reset.  So I went back and checked my estop setting and it was checked with a green check so I unchecked it again now showing a red x click apply and ok again then clicked the rest and it would still not reset.  So I opened it again and it had changed itself bach to a green check.  So I unchecked it again still the same thing happened.

Any thoughts?

I see that you suggested I look at the vidio and I will do that thanks again.

Thanks

Mike

Hood

« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2006, 11:55:03 AM »
Yes
Its the the state (Active low) you have to change, the E Stop cant be disabled as you have found.