Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 05:59:44 AM

Author Topic: New user needing help with Encoder interface  (Read 4464 times)

New user needing help with Encoder interface
« on: October 05, 2006, 09:34:08 AM »
Have recieved the Encoder interface from Roger's Engineering. I can not get the screen, Build 7 and the Macropump into MACH 3. I only get a partial Program run screen and large block unreadable screens for toolpath and Offsets. Where can I get instructions on how to properly install these addons?

Hood

Re: New user needing help with Encoder interface
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2006, 01:45:58 PM »
Sounds like you are missing the bitmaps or have put them in the wrong place. If you have the bitmap images then they should be placed in the C:\Mach3\Bitmaps    folder.
 The macropump should be placed in C:\Mach3\macros\Mach3Mill folder.

Hood
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2007, 12:02:37 AM »

Hi Hood,

You seem to be expert in macros...
I'd like to use it (or anything else in M3 instructions) to introduce a break in machining cycle to allow machine cooling down during long cycles.
I posted a topic some days ago on this:http://www.machsupport.com/forum/index.php?topic=2451.new;topicseen#new
Your help would be apreciated!

Thanks from France.

Hood

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2007, 03:18:18 AM »
Patrick
 afraid I know as much as you about VB script :( I am retrofitting a lathe at the moment and am trying to write a macro for the toolchange routines but I am struggling. It might  be worth you putting a post in the VB part of this forum as there are quite a few guys there that are good with VB.
Sorry I couldnt be of help.
Hood
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2007, 03:25:40 AM »
Thanks Hood,

Don't mind, in fact I'm helping a friend who has modify his drilling mill in a CNC machine and uses Mach3 but he has problem with Shakespeare language... ;D

What do you think about the way of making breaks in machining process? ...Only a VB macro could help?

Thanks anyway for you reply.

Bye.

Hood

« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2007, 03:47:23 AM »
You could probably write the pauses into to your G code. What you would have to do is a simulated run and take note of the line number it is at when the time you require has elapsed.  Once you have finished the simulation you could go back into your code and edit it putting in some things like feed hold, move to a safe Z height, dwell etc. I am not too hot on G code either but I think if you put in G4 P60 it would pause for  60 seconds. If your spindle is controlled by Mach then you could stop and start that with G Code as well.
 Using a macropump would be the easiest way as you would not have to edit every program you wanted to use, but writing the macropump would need someone who knows VB script.

BTW I struggle with Shakespear as well ;) see I cant even spell his name correctly LOL

Hood
« Last Edit: February 17, 2007, 03:48:55 AM by Hood »
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2007, 03:58:13 AM »
This looks interresting.
I'm gonna be by my friend in half on hour (we have weekly sessions of Mach3...  ;D ) and I will explain him...

In France, it's 10 am, so depending where you are in US, it's maybe late by you, but here we've still plenty of time to play with our machines... ;)

Thanks and see you..

Hood

« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2007, 03:59:23 AM »
Its 9am in this part of the world ;)
Hood