Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 04:32:05 PM

Author Topic: AxisWorks tuning  (Read 22718 times)

Re: AxisWorks tuning
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2010, 02:18:37 PM »
Hello Rufi,

were you able to write new firmware so I can tune slave axis in axisworks?

Peter
« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2010, 03:12:42 PM »
hi Peter,

I just sent you email with new AxisWorks software and firmware.

copy the exe files to c:\program files\dspmc folder.  also read the readme.txt file.

update the firmware with new version before running mach3 or axisworks.

you load the xml file in AxisWorks to tell it which axis is master and which is slave.  you select master axis when connecting to dspmc.   the new axisWorks will ARM pid for both master and slave.  when you download pid settings, it will download same pid values to both master and slave axis.  and when you save pid settings, they will be saved for both master and slave axis.

Let me know how it works.

thanks
Rufi

« Last Edit: April 16, 2010, 09:52:28 PM by vitalsystem »
« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2010, 12:36:00 PM »
hi Peter,

I just sent you email with new AxisWorks software and firmware.

copy the exe files to c:\program files\dspmc folder.  also read the readme.txt file.

update the firmware with new version before running mach3 or axisworks.

you load the xml file in AxisWorks to tell it which axis is master and which is slave.  you select master axis when connecting to dspmc.   the new axisWorks will ARM pid for both master and slave.  when you download pid settings, it will download same pid values to both master and slave axis.  and when you save pid settings, they will be saved for both master and slave axis.

Let me know how it works.

thanks
Rufi

Hello,

I recieved new firmware for slave axis tuning. It's working. I can download pid setting for both axes and tune with both axes exept there is a problem with direction of rotation for slave axis motor. I'm drivig my machine with rack and pinion and I need slave motor to rotate in other direction. I've recieved new firmware from Rufi to solve this problem. I will try it out tomorrow and report how it works. Thanks.

Peter
« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2010, 07:18:34 AM »
Hello, sorry for late answer. I was away for few days. The new firmware is working perfectly and I can change the direction of rotation for slave motor in axisworks tuning with trajectory generator and with PC host software to change direction for slave axis to work with mach3. Now all I need to do is fine tune all axes. Can someone please post a picture how perfect graph should look like. Thanks.

Peter
« Reply #14 on: May 01, 2010, 01:10:04 AM »

see the graphs in this post http://www.machsupport.com/forum/index.php/topic,14603.msg98200.html#msg98200.  very nice servo step responce.

regards,
Rufi

« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2010, 12:58:24 PM »
Hello,

I have not been doing anything on my machine for a few months. Now I'm back in my workshop and I have some questions. I think my tuning graph in axisworks looks ok, but when I try to run g-code in mach3 the accelerations in the sharp corners are very rough. It sounds very rough in change direction in high speeds. Is that because mach3 outputs trpezoidal motion? In mach3 settings I have to set accelarations and speeds ~4 times slower to achive more smooth motion. I'v tried to use tempest planner in mach3 which puts out s-curve motion and it was smoother, but tempest planner is not fully supported. Is there any way to achieve smoother motion in higher speeds?

Best regards,
Peter
« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2010, 07:14:10 PM »
Hi.
Maybe a too late response but do you use the CV mode in Mach3 and have you tweaked it's parameters already?
« Reply #17 on: September 15, 2010, 12:52:39 PM »
Hello alfaalfa,

thanks for reply. Yes I have CV turned on and I have played with CV parameters but couldn' get good results. Here are pictures of  my graph in axisworks for x and y axis
« Reply #18 on: September 15, 2010, 02:18:28 PM »
Hi.

I'm not sure if there's one only way to do the adjusting but in the axis works I have not used the S-curve as you need to know how the motors work in step response ie. with sharp start and stop too.

I have done both servo amplifier adjustment and dspmc adjustment in Axisworks first and then used a simple G-code commands to check the combination finally with mach and recording the step response with servo driver adjustment program (Omron servo's).

If you use high speeds - remember to check that your system is making circular interpolations equally in all directions as different parameters in X and Y axises can lead to oval circles! If you keep it slow - you propably don't notice this.

BR.
Arto
« Reply #19 on: September 15, 2010, 02:48:50 PM »
Hello,

I have done settings in axisworks also without s-curve with almost the same graph and still get bad resaults in mach3 when running g code. If I set accelerations 5 times lower the results are better but my machine is capable higher accelerations than I have set now. Now I'm running my servo drives in voltage mode but I will try running them in velocity mode to see if it would be better.