Hello Guest it is March 19, 2024, 02:27:03 AM

Author Topic: Machine not backing off switch when homing  (Read 15018 times)

Offline Tarak

•  229 229
    • View Profile
Re: Machine not backing off switch when homing
« Reply #20 on: April 08, 2010, 08:18:28 AM »
I was running approx vR3.043.026ish with no problems, I have since upgraded to the latest R3.043.038 and now when i home my router it hits the home/limit switch and just issues the limit switch error.
I will try playing around with the debounce settings tomorrow, but it is strange that it wasn't until R3.043.038 that this started happening.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 08, 2010, 08:25:53 AM »
If that is the case then it could well be a problem with the latest Rev, this is the first few I have heard of problems, what about trying a slightly older version and see how that behaves.
Have you had to use a Debounce Interval in older versions? Wondering if the new driver update has made things more sensitive.
Hood
« Reply #22 on: April 08, 2010, 09:14:29 AM »
Problems with homing and backing off with last update. Rewired various switches used large values of debounce still problems.
Resorted to fitting a Dtype filtered connector between the breakout board and the limit switch wiring. So far problem gone away.

Debounce not working ?

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 08, 2010, 10:55:34 AM »
Could be, as I use the SmoothStepper and dont need any debounce anyway I cant say for sure but will mention it to Brian and see if he can find anything.
Hood

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 08, 2010, 11:23:19 AM »
Talked to Brian and he said Art has just looked and there is a problem with the driver in that version and debounce interval.
Best bet is to go back to a slightly earlier version until things are found and sorted.
Hood

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 08, 2010, 06:35:55 PM »
Ver 039 now released, Art found a typo in the Debounce part of the driver code so hopefully this version will sort things out for people with bouncy switches :)

Hood
« Reply #26 on: April 09, 2010, 11:40:28 AM »
Ver 039 now released, Art found a typo in the Debounce part of the driver code so hopefully this version will sort things out for people with bouncy switches :)

Hood

I just installed Ver 039 and the machine will not back off the limits, again. Tried a bunch of different numbers from 600 to 20000, no good.  Backwards. I go again. Hope you can get it sorted out.

Mike

Offline Jeff_Birt

•  1,107 1,107
    • View Profile
    • Soigeneris
« Reply #27 on: April 09, 2010, 12:17:41 PM »
If you have an oscilloscope, or access to one, take a look at the signals your home switches are putting out. I suspect you'll see a lot of noise and one version of Mach's driver just happens to ignore just enough of it to work. The thing about making things noise tolerant is that what might work well in your case will not work for many other folks. If you can provide a cleaner home switch signal to mach you may have better luck. (Try a 0.1uF cap across the switch.)
Happy machining , Jeff Birt

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 09, 2010, 02:39:13 PM »
From yours and other reports it seems its still not fixed, so if you have bouncy or noisy switches you will have to use a slightly older revision of Mach or wait until the next revision comes out or best of all fix the switch problem :)
Hood
« Reply #29 on: April 10, 2010, 10:39:41 AM »
From yours and other reports it seems its still not fixed, so if you have bouncy or noisy switches you will have to use a slightly older revision of Mach or wait until the next revision comes out or best of all fix the switch problem :)
Hood

FYI
Homing on my machine works properly in Ver1.96, I tried to go up to only Ver 2.02 and it does not function properly there. So somewhere between 1.96 and 2.02 something changed in the debounce or ?????. Back I go to 1.96

Mike