Hello Guest it is April 19, 2024, 09:30:30 PM

Author Topic: New with Mach3. Need a lot of help!  (Read 2348 times)

New with Mach3. Need a lot of help!
« on: March 16, 2010, 09:02:29 AM »
Hi everybody!
I got 4'x4' plasma cutting table. Well somebody stole the PC with an original Software for my machine.
So I was looking something on internet and finally i found Mach3. But Right now I have so many questions...
Well I downloaded Mach3 from this web-site. I installed it. Connected it the same as it was described in Documentation.
So right now machine is moving (it's not moving on Y axis, but i think something wrong with motor). So it's normally moving on X axis. The Z axis is independent. Z has separate controller which you use for moving Up and Down.
So here is my questions:
1) Does Mach3 needs to standard tune up? Do I need special PlugIns? I heard that something needs to be done in "Ports and Pins"
2) Does Mach3 recognize motors?
3) I have on my machine Limit Switches but I guess Mach3 doesn't see it, cuz machine is still trying to move when it reaches limit switches.

For right now I just need to make Right connection between my machine and Mach3, and maybe after I will ask about plasma.
So does anybody can give me any advice to make to work that machine.

Thank you all in advance for your help.

and there are some pictures of what I have

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: New with Mach3. Need a lot of help!
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2010, 12:02:13 PM »
All will depend on how your machine integrated with the old control. If it was a parallel port then all you will need to do is find out what pins to assign to each component.
Mach sends out Step and Dir signals and your drives need to be able to accept them, if your drives are analogue only (+-10v) then you will need some of the controllers such as DSPMC or KFlop to convert Step/Dir signals to analogue.
You will need to find out what pins you have the limits connected to then set them up in Ports and Pins, Inputs.

Check out the video for basic setup, it should give you a better understanding of how things work and are set up.
Hood