Hello Guest it is March 18, 2024, 11:32:11 PM

Author Topic: Using Mach3 on notebook  (Read 6374 times)

Using Mach3 on notebook
« on: October 01, 2006, 10:25:39 AM »
Hi all,

I am using mach3 now, but I am wondering if it is possible if you can use mach 3 on a notebook and then a notebook without a parallel port. I readed in the mach3 manual that it was not possible to use mach3 with a USB - Parallel cable. But I found some other hardware what is not using the USB port but the PCMCIA card slot of the note book. I am wondering if some have any experience with something like this. Here is the link of the product I am talking about.
http://www.transdigital.net/info.htm

Greets,

Eagle550

Offline Graham Waterworth

•  2,667 2,667
  • Yorkshire Dales, England
    • View Profile
Re: Using Mach3 on notebook
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2006, 01:36:56 AM »
It sounds as if it will work but it would be a good idea to contact them and ask if its 3.3 or 5 volt output, 3.3 will cause you problems.

Graham.
Without engineers the world stops

Offline Greolt

•  956 956
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2006, 02:35:47 AM »
Eagle550

Look at the thread "Mach to DeskCNC"

If I am not mistaken (quite possible ;D)  this will be the end of the problem you have.

Mach running through a USB port, read modern Laptop.

Offline Raca

•  10 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2006, 10:21:05 AM »
Yes you can use traansdigital PCMCI card to parallel port and will work perfectly. I have notebook Toshiba portege 3480 CT ,600MHz and 192 Mb ram memory, and I had same problem . This solved it witheout any problems. If you have some more question please do not hesitate to contact me. Best regards Raca Sasa
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2006, 12:14:11 PM »
Hi,

Well thank's for the answer (sorry for my late response). I ordered the card and I am looking forward to use it soon. I will let know if it works.

Eagle
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2008, 04:26:26 AM »
Yes you can use traansdigital PCMCI card to parallel port and will work perfectly. I have notebook Toshiba portege 3480 CT ,600MHz and 192 Mb ram memory, and I had same problem . This solved it witheout any problems. If you have some more question please do not hesitate to contact me. Best regards Raca Sasa

Are you able to use the video plug ins ok?

I ask because I borrowed a 700MHz Compaq Armada M700 with Windows XP. It has a built in parallel port that works fine but jogging is crippled after I load a video plug in. So I am still looking for a suitable shop laptop for Mach3.

Tom Hubin
thubin@earthlink.net