Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 10:36:44 AM

Author Topic: I need a bit of help  (Read 2872 times)

I need a bit of help
« on: March 07, 2010, 12:11:11 PM »
Hi
I'm new to Mach 3 and I'm a bit confused with some G code I wrote that isn't doing what I expected.
I want to cut out 20 profiles out of an aluminium plate.
I wrote the program with absolute co-ordinates and a tool diameter compensation in the main program and the profile to be cut in a sub-routine
using incremantal co-ordinates.
The first profile cuts ok, the tool moves to it's next Y position then everything seems to go a bit strange.
Would someone look at  my code and tell me where I'm going wrong.
I'd appreciate any help I can get. Thanks

George
Re: I need a bit of help
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2010, 01:17:52 PM »
Not sure how helpfull this will be,
For some (most?) Fanuc machines it is not wise to move in Z with CRC active, i would turn CRC on and off inside the Sub, moving to and from depth before and after calling the Sub. Also another couple of CRC "Rules" were must turn on and off with a move (between 90 and 180 degrees to profile) and the move should be larger than the rad of the cutter.
These were unbreakable rules on older machine controls, so rules i have always used - only just started using mach so not 100% sure in this case.
Good use of incremental, alternative would be a datum shift, have to watch out for carried errors with inc.
Re: I need a bit of help
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2010, 03:06:02 PM »
Your real close.
Line N85 turns on cutter comp then you go to your sub. After the sub is finished you move to your next starting point and the cutter is compensated going in that direction. You need the compensation in the correct direction.
You could add
G91
G01X-10F200
G01X5
G90
before your Z0 move.