Hello Guest it is April 24, 2024, 04:23:22 AM

Author Topic: Lost Lines  (Read 7804 times)

Lost Lines
« on: February 12, 2010, 11:57:40 PM »
I have generated a G code file with estimated 500 lines but only the first 50 lines are generaed by lazy cam.

The only thing that has changeds is that i have bought a full Mach 3 licence and added the licence file into the Mach3 directory but cannot see how this could be the problem

Any help gratefully recieved

Paul Hinson

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
Re: Lost Lines
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2010, 12:09:12 AM »
Paul,
DId you go out of Mach and come back in after you added the Mach license?

RICH
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2010, 12:43:13 AM »
Rich

Yes and also a re-boot too. 

Paul

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2010, 01:02:01 AM »
I have generated a G code file with estimated 500 lines but only the first 50 lines are generaed by lazy cam.

LazyCam requires a pro license to do pocketing and offsets.
If i remember correctly you will get an error if you try to pocket or offset and don;t have a pro license.

RICH

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2010, 01:28:17 AM »
No pocketing or offsets in the file.

I have removed the licence to run a Demo of Mach 3 version.  No change.

I have run a completely different file - Still only 50 lines.

I have done new installation of Mach 3 and LC -   No change.

Have rebooted the computer - no change.

I'm stuck!!!

Cheers  Paul

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2010, 07:24:27 AM »
Paul,
I would recommend you Email Artsoft and tell Scott that your license is not working.

RICH
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2010, 06:24:21 PM »

After a few hours of messing about the problem is solved and reason now is clear.

I have recently been creating G code files from Lcam files and it does not matter if those files were created with a registered or unregistered version of Mach 3 -  50 line restriction.

When I go back to the original DFX files and create G code files therefrom in LC these is no line restriction.  I am using Mill only.

Seems like a bug in LC and makes one ask what Lcam files are for if this is indeed the cause of the restriction?

Whatever, now cooking on gas

Many thanks Rich for your input. ;D ;D ;D

Regards   Paul Hinson
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2010, 09:44:11 PM »

After a few hours of messing about the problem is solved and reason now is clear.

I have recently been creating G code files from Lcam files and it does not matter if those files were created with a registered or unregistered version of Mach 3 -  50 line restriction.

When I go back to the original DFX files and create G code files therefrom in LC these is no line restriction.  I am using Mill only.

Seems like a bug in LC and makes one ask what Lcam files are for if this is indeed the cause of the restriction?

I'm having this same problem but am confused as to how you fixed it. I open Lazycam, import directly from a dxf and then post to G code without saving as a Lcam file and I still get only 50 lines of output. Are you directly converting dxf to G code without Lazycam?

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2010, 10:08:22 PM »
Post the DXF file which you are only getting 50 lines of code from.
Note that LazyCam posts code for what is selected. You don't just import the file into LC and post the code for it.
LC or any other program is not that smart since it has no way of knowing what machining you want appllied to the imported profile.
Yes you can select everything, but it will apply default Z movements and also not post code for things that are not drawn correctly.

Post the DXF so I can have see what is going on.

RICH
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2010, 05:52:08 PM »
Post the DXF file which you are only getting 50 lines of code from.
Note that LazyCam posts code for what is selected. You don't just import the file into LC and post the code for it.
LC or any other program is not that smart since it has no way of knowing what machining you want appllied to the imported profile.
Yes you can select everything, but it will apply default Z movements and also not post code for things that are not drawn correctly.

Post the DXF so I can have see what is going on.

Attached is an example dxf file that I have had the same issues with. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!