Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 07:43:28 AM

Author Topic: Lost Lines  (Read 7764 times)

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
Re: Lost Lines
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2010, 08:46:10 PM »
I selected everything from the dxf you provided and 810 / 5= 162 lines of code.
See attached pic.
So what kind of machining do you want done to the  piece?

Have you taken a look at the manual?

RICH
« Last Edit: August 10, 2010, 08:48:03 PM by RICH »
« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2010, 09:27:39 PM »
I selected everything from the dxf you provided and 810 / 5= 162 lines of code.
See attached pic.
So what kind of machining do you want done to the  piece?

Have you taken a look at the manual?

Thanks Rich. I have looked at the manual a bit. I am using Mach3 with a hobby laser I recently purchased and I would like to use it to cut through some thin materials such as wood and acrylic. Is there any trick to selecting everything within Lazycam? I've tried a few different things and none seem to have any effect on the Gcode output.

After further reading posts in this forum I also think that the problem may be due to the fact that I don't have the fully licensed version of Mach3, but I'm not completely sure that's the source of the problem (I thought it was a 500 line limitation). I was initially under the impression that the free version of Mach3 R3.042.040 and Lazycam 3.01 were all that I needed to utilize the Mach3 control card I purchased with my laser. Does my issue seem to be the result of non licensed Mach3 software? If so, I want to be sure this is the case before purchasing it. Thanks again for your help.

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2010, 09:53:20 PM »
Is there any trick to selecting everything within Lazycam?
There are a few different ways....see page 21 of the manual....Sel in Box is one tool that you can use.

I don't have the fully licensed version of Mach3
There is only one license that i know of........ie; I am not aware of a "partial Mach license".

under the impression that the free version of Mach3 R3.042.040 and Lazycam 3.01 were all that I needed to utilize the Mach3 control card I purchased with my laser

It all depends on what you want to do as there are limits in each unlicensed software, but,  Mach3 is such a bargain that you should purchase it!
I can't speak for the parties promises who sold you the laser.  ;)

I guess i will elaborate some on the license. You pay for everything ie; machine, controller, PC, etc, etc....then you want to control everything for free along with free support. In reality, the controlling software is the cheapest thing of it all and also a key component. Sort of like the brain controls the body.  ???

RICH