Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 11:41:10 AM

Author Topic: cumulative error  (Read 5372 times)

cumulative error
« on: February 11, 2010, 05:30:46 PM »
I am getting cumulative error that i have not noticed before.   I am using a simple 3 axis router table and after running just a little while, i hit the verify button and pretty high error.  I recently upgraded the computer that is using an PCI Parallel card.  I have tried slowing down the acceleration and speed, but it does not seem to help.   I have run the driver test and it starts by saying pulsing too fast, then it restarts and says my connection is excellent, but the green bar is only about half way.  Everything seems real tight on the machine and its well lubricated.   I suspect the new computer/configuration since I have never noticed the error before on much larger routines it would always keep up.  Any ideas what I can try.

Thanks,
Charlie

Offline Greolt

•  956 956
    • View Profile
Re: cumulative error
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2010, 06:40:59 PM »
Charlie

Going by your description, having just changed computer, I would suspect that you have 3.3v signals on the LPT.

Most modern BoBs will handle 3.3v signal, but maybe yours is just on the borderline.

Greg
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2010, 07:46:26 PM »
Cutting a ~5"x6" in a single loop my return was about 1/32 to 1/16 off.   If its a logic voltage issue, is there a fix?  I don't have much informaton on the table, its just an ebay noname special.  I was real happy with it on my old PC.   I guess I could go back to the old PC, buts its real real slow and can't do much more than run CNC only.

Thanks,
Charlie

Offline Greolt

•  956 956
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2010, 08:11:38 PM »
Charlie

A PCI LPT card is not expensive and the right one may fix your problem if it is a 3.3v issue.

However there is good argument to be made for leaving the old one on the machine and only use it for that purpose.

Use the newer one for other general work.

Greg
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2010, 08:45:58 PM »
I am already on my 2nd LPT driver card.    :(

I think I will put the old computer in use.  I have a old kvm switch I guess I can put to use...

Thanks!
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2010, 07:15:31 PM »
I am receiving the same "pulsing too fast message" and am unable to run my motors. I recently had to change PC's due to a hard drive failure and this is when the problem occurred. Prior to that my cnc table was running fine.

The prior PC was running Mach version 3.42.29 and the new PC is running version 3.42.37

Is this a Mach issue or a PC issue??

I am assuming it is a PC issue.

Any suggestions short of a new PC?

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2010, 07:19:51 PM »
Try the special driver.
Hood
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2010, 07:33:06 PM »
I just tried the special driver and no success. The port test actually sits at 0 percent. Switching back to original driver and it once again says pulsing too fast.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2010, 07:36:46 PM »
Maybe try an older version of Mach just in case the recent updates to the driver have messed with your computer, likely though that its just your computer, what are the specs of it? Does it have onboard video? Do you have any other programmes on the computer?
Hood
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2010, 07:58:05 PM »
Old PC was a 2.4 GHz new is a 2.8GHz...both have 512M RAM  the new one has integrated video whereas the old one did not. Could the video issue be casuing this problem??

I will try an older version of Mach and see, but I agree this is most likely a PC issue.