Hello Guest it is April 18, 2024, 12:08:02 AM

Author Topic: Setting Home and limits  (Read 9558 times)

Offline Chip

•  2,055 2,055
  • Gainesville Florida USA
    • View Profile
Re: Setting Home and limits
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2006, 11:24:13 PM »
Hi, Enytned1

If You put all 6 Limit switches in series you can use 1 Pin for all including Home when Mach is setup rite.

I have a Dayton Router 4 X 8 gantry, all switche's on one pin.

Thank's Chip
« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2006, 11:49:35 PM »
I downloaded the updated file that you said would work.  I just slammed into the physical end of my axes.  What ever you did it certainly did not help.  I can't continue like this.  I was doing some testing in the diagnosis page and when I press the ref Y button, as the y is moving towards the front i press the limit switch but the axis continues moving toward the switch.  But when I'm just jogging to each limit switch it stops as it should on all axis and directions.  May be I will try connecting them all together in series.  I'm going to bed.

Offline Chip

•  2,055 2,055
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2006, 01:26:29 AM »
Hi, Enytned1

There is one thing that can cause this. You probably have the pins setup wrong, With limit's, mach is looking for any limit to trip, in Homing it

is looking at the Axis that is homing, X pin 11, Y pin 12, Z pin 13.

Changing the switches to All in Series will fix Above Just make sure you change all the Config, Ports and Pins, Input Signals, to the proper Pin #.

I didn't change any of your feeds or speeds set the Axis's in mid Pos set the Feed Rate to 1, click on F Window, it will lite up type in 1 hit enter.

This will set feed to 1 inch feed rate. You can simulate the switch manually.

The spacebar, feed hold, stop, reset, all will stop it if it gets out of hand.

I sent you an off list Message give me a call if any Questions.

Thank's Chip

« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2006, 07:10:50 AM »
Sorry I was up to my ears in code that I was working on :)

Could you set up all the home inputs on one pin all the limits on the other? Also when you are testing set your home speed to like 2% and that will give you time to stop the machine.

Hope that helps
Brian
Fixing problems one post at a time ;)

www.newfangledsolutions.com
www.machsupport.com
« Reply #14 on: October 04, 2006, 10:56:49 PM »
I reconnected all the limit switches to run of one input in series.  Then I configured all the home switches on the same pin as the limits.  I then adjusted the direction for home and every thing is working the way I wanted.  I have all limits and home inputs using one pin, which leaves all the other input pins free for other functions.  Thanks again to everyone for your suggestions.   

Offline Chip

•  2,055 2,055
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 04, 2006, 11:42:55 PM »
Hi, Enytned1

< And every thing is working the way I wanted. >

Ok, get back to cut-------ing, WooooHoooooooooo

Chip