Hello Guest it is April 27, 2024, 02:21:16 PM

Author Topic: Quick questions about LazyCam  (Read 7859 times)

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile

Offline jasko

•  14 14
    • View Profile
Re: Quick questions about LazyCam
« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2010, 04:50:54 AM »
thanks Gery I will tray to find it and if somebody know where is it please let me know
Thanks
Jasmin

Offline jasko

•  14 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2010, 04:29:50 AM »
Hi
yesterday I contact Mach support about this importer problem but they don't care that people who using Mach like this option
Its strange that I bay licence and still using old version of program
Maybe I.m wrong but LC don't recognize different color from Corel Draw what is easy way to make layers with old Importer
LC make layer from inside to outside and any other option you have to make manually what isw not ok
If I'm wrong please tell me how to do it
thanks

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2010, 10:32:23 AM »
jasko,
I quess your looking for the magic wand to convert a raster to vector and generate the gcode for use in Mach.
LC manual is written based on using a vector generated drawing. Yes there is a module, but i didn't even waste my time with it
because i don't use that magic wand or any others .....i can draw it faster and have control over what i need to do.

Due to the availability of other low cost CAM packages, LazyCam is in semi-permanent Beta and no longer being actively
developed.  LazyCam is not intended for use in a production environment.

So sorry i can't be of any help.
RICH

Offline jasko

•  14 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 09, 2010, 02:54:00 PM »
Hi
NO I non't want to convert raster to vector
I want vector I make in Corel draw and give a different color to lines to have different layers like Mach Importer have and not like LC all one layer

Offline jasko

•  14 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2010, 02:59:47 PM »
Maybe LC have this option to recognize a color from vectors so you can give different parameters to every color 

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2010, 03:26:16 PM »
LC imports a DXF file which was created by a vector based CAD program. I know nothing about Corel Draw anymore.
CAD programs allow for assigning layers or levels based on whatever part of the profile you want. The layers should
be created before the DXF is created.

Paint programs are not CAD programs.
You can move different entities / create layers in LC, but.......LC IS AN IMPORTER AND SHOULD NOT BE USED AS A CAD PROGRAM......
becuase it is just not worth the effort in my opinion. You should know what & how you are going to machine something before hand.

RICH

Offline jasko

•  14 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 09, 2010, 04:10:41 PM »
ok
now I understand way you don't know what I'm talking about
Corel draw make vectors and i export them like HPGL PLT file in Mach importer
there I give every color of vector different parameters (depth and feed rate) and in few second run a program