Hello Guest it is April 19, 2024, 04:13:19 PM

Author Topic: Turbocad PLT file does not load correctly in LazyCam  (Read 3068 times)

Turbocad PLT file does not load correctly in LazyCam
« on: January 13, 2010, 03:59:03 PM »
I am having trouble loading plt files created by TurboCad 15 into Lazycam. Plt files from other programs like Corel Draw work correctly. If I open the plt file after saving it, it looks ok in TurboCad. When I look at the file in notepad, it seems the coordinates for the PA command are not correct or are using a format that is not recognized. I tried to attach both the tcw and the plt file but this forum seemingly does not accept those file types. An exported DXF from TC seems to be ok.
Thanks

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
Re: Turbocad PLT file does not load correctly in LazyCam
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2010, 08:07:39 PM »
Why not just create and provide a  ver 12 DXF for LC?
I can't help on the plt file imports as i have never tried or used them in LC. Maybe someone else will chime in with experience. Get the feeling that not all plt files are created equaly. Does Corel Draw open the plt file?
RICH
Re: Turbocad PLT file does not load correctly in LazyCam
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2010, 11:10:21 AM »
Rich, I have experienced a lot of problems in the past with DXF files and LC and Corel Draw. So, I found that if I stick with plt files, they would always work ok. Then I got a new version of Turbocad and exported a very simple drawing as a plt file and opened it in LC. It did not display properly. Basically, the plasma cutting file has three parts to it. I have a 1/4 x 3" x 20" piece of steel that I want to cut a 5" radius on each end and a 3/4" hole for a bolt at one end. This would be welded to a 5" pipe which is a leg for a 40" high patio table. When it loads into LC, I only see a long straight line. When I load the plt file into corel I see the two curves and the hole but they are displaced vertically. When I load it back into TC, it looks ok. The TC created DXF file is ok in LC. But this is a very simple operation and I have problems with more complicated DXFs.

Thanks