Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 06:36:53 AM

Author Topic: Status of Tabbing Function.  (Read 10400 times)

Re: Status of Tabbing Function.
« Reply #20 on: January 10, 2010, 02:55:41 PM »
That would be fine Rich. I guess any help is better than no help at all...eh ?
It works really well as it is but would like to figure out if they can be moved around to suit.
Looks like they are referenced to the start point....but that's it.
Still..as always, not bad for the price.
Russ

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 10, 2010, 04:42:29 PM »
would like to figure out if they can be moved around to suit

I don't know, Russ, would have to play around after the tabbing was created using other tools in LC.

You can't move a chain, not precisely since you need do it via a mouse move, the XY move dosn't work if i remember corrrectly. You can't move an entity.

So if you were to do partial chain moves, or selected deletions of a many tabbing entities which were created and join them, then they can moved around in a somewhat round about way .........easier to just draw the tabbing. Or if you wanted to have a tab start and end at some particular location, use lines on a seperate CAD layer move those created chains to the tabbed layer and join as you wish......again easier to just draw the tabbing.
Hmm........."LC IS NOT CAD PROGRAM" qouting myself !

RICH
« Reply #22 on: January 10, 2010, 11:06:23 PM »
In the interim some interesting things have arisen.

After opening a DFX and invoking tool offsetting via the load option by hitting clean button then if the object can be selected ( turn red) then it can be tabbed,

It seems to apply to rectangles, squares, circles and straight lines.

However items inside another item cannot be selected directly.  If one selects such interior items through chains the tabbing is accepted but no tabbing eventuates.  At least the item is not deleted.

Selectiing items before offsetting may result in deletion (especially circles) which opps cannot retrieve.

i am happy about the location of tabs that LC generates and these does not seem an easy way to choose tab location.

I think the tab function in the non-registerd Pro version will do most of what i need.

Again my thanks for all your inputs to my original post.

Regards   Paul Hinson

Here is a screenshot of tabbed shapes. (All tabs were  4/4/4 in mm) Note the interior circle is not tabbed.  Also the generated gcode herewith.

« Reply #23 on: January 10, 2010, 11:12:15 PM »
Looks like you are on a roll Paul....good job.
"Endeavour to Persevere" is the motto when working with LCam.
Regards,
Russ
« Reply #24 on: January 11, 2010, 03:03:53 AM »
Forgot to mention - If you program two cuts then the first cut programs the tabs correctly. But the second cut is programmed at the deeper level without tabs so the "first cut tabs" will be cut out!

ie select material thickness/tool max depth to enable a single cut. 

The is an observation from two different g code programs

Paul

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 11, 2010, 08:26:45 AM »
Paul,
Just post anything you find about tabbing even if no one repsonds.
I will have one place to look later on.Of course if you hit a stumbling block someone will respond.
Thanks,
RICH
« Reply #26 on: January 16, 2010, 03:03:22 AM »
It seems that tool offset is not invoked function with tabbing function.  ie finished width of tab is reduced by tool diameter.

Several tabbed files have worked out perfectly.