Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 01:19:35 PM

Author Topic: Need advice  (Read 2409 times)

Need advice
« on: January 09, 2010, 05:40:44 AM »
  I am in the process or building a new Router and plan on using Mach3 as my control software. For the last few years I have been using another control software so I will be learning to use Mach3 from scratch.  I will need to write some macros for some of the things I want to do and from what I've learned from reading through this forum is that there is a newer version of Mach3 in the works that is supposedly going to either make writing macros easier or differently somehow.
  If this is the case, Is it going to be worth the time spent learning how to write macros in the form they are currently used or will I be spending my time trying to learn something that is soon to become obsolete? I don't have any programming experience in VB but I have done quite a bit with C++ although it's been a few years.
 It will be a few months before I'm ready to make chips with the new router so I'm in no rush to get any macros written but would like to experiment a little until then.

Thanks.
Re: Need advice
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2010, 05:55:19 AM »
Hi,

It depends on what you want to do with your machine.

Writing macro is not an obligation since this software is made primarily to run the machine with code that is usually written by another Cam software.

It can run great with no macro or if you need some, they're a lot available on this forum, ready to work.

And they're a lot of good macro programmer on this forum if you need help.

Jeff