Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 10:03:24 PM

Author Topic: Set jog speed  (Read 22740 times)

Set jog speed
« on: January 04, 2010, 09:22:40 PM »
Running MACH3 locked version two questions.
I did read the manual but either I missed these or ???
It seems no matter what I change my jog is always about 30 IPM how do I change this setting?  Thanks.
My screen is 1024 x 768 when I press the tab key I get half of the pendant control on the right side of the screen, can this be dragged? reconfigured?

thanks

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: Set jog speed
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2010, 02:35:57 AM »
Your motor tuning settings determine the max velocity you will get during jogging. The kernel speed will also have an effect as it will determine the max velocity you can set dependant on the steps per unit you use.

Yes just hover the mouse over the left side border  of the Flyout window and when you see the wee double arrow click and drag. It will be remembered for the next time you use the flyout as long as Mach shuts down properly, so best to restart Mach when you have it set the way you want.
Hood
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2010, 08:26:24 AM »
when I am in the motor tuning window and jog there it goes really fast. When I am in the program/run screen and I jog the feed rate display reads about 30 units/Min as I am jogging. Every other CNC machine I have used has a way to adjust the speed in the jog mode. Does MACH3 allow adjustment of jog speed?

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2010, 09:58:49 AM »
The Jogging speed is determined by the Velocity you have in Motor tuning, you can however select different % of that as a slow jog rate and that is settable from the Tab screen. You can also override the slow jog by pressing the Shift Key and pressing  the jog key, this will again give you your rapid speed as the jog speed. You can also set up incremental steps from that screen so that each press of the jog button will move the distance you have set as the increment.
Hood
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2010, 11:29:35 AM »
that makes sense, I could not see the whole control (on screen when you hit the tab key) however I did see a 50% on it which would give me the 30ipm as the motors are set at 60. I could not see the whole control on my screen and did not know how to move it, someone here told me how to move that control already. I am not at the machine today but I will try it tomrrow and i am sure I will be all set. Thank you.

Offline Sam

•  987 987
    • View Profile
    • hillbillyhilton.com
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2010, 12:22:00 PM »
If your using the default screen set, the left and right brackets "[  ]" are the keyboard shortcuts if you don't want to go into the tab screen every time you need to change the jog override. If you were at 50%, the keys might have been inadvertently pressed at some point.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2010, 12:24:46 PM by Sam »
"CONFIDENCE: it's the feeling you experience before you fully understand the situation."
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2010, 01:24:08 PM »
Thank you that is handy to know. Is there a comprehensive list of keyboard shortcuts somewhere?

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2010, 01:50:27 PM »
There is a list of some of them in the Mach2 Customisation docs I think but you can also go into the screenset with Screen4 and look at the ascii code and work it out from there.

Hood
« Last Edit: January 05, 2010, 02:02:11 PM by Hood »