Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 06:58:06 AM

Author Topic: Starting 2nd Machine Issues  (Read 2987 times)

Offline JTK

•  2 2
    • View Profile
Starting 2nd Machine Issues
« on: January 04, 2010, 09:12:55 PM »
 Hello everyone, hope I'm in the right area for this, my first post, not exactly new to the world of CNC routing, was introduced a few years back by a coworker who bought a shop bot, and knew I had to have one, so several years later we designed and made twin CNC routers 3' X 4' foot print, got mine up and running back in July of '09, had a few issues but figured it out and been working great, now we are trying to get the 2nd one up and running, been trying to figure out what the problem is but are having no luck in figuring out what is going on:
When I say twins, I mean everything is identical, except for the problem with machine 2, Using Mach 3, 2nd machine wired identical to the first machine, we got mach 3 installed and have everything set up, (pins set to proper axis, motors tuned correctly) when we move the machine by setting a distance or by manually entering a gcode line in the input or teaching box it will move the proper distance and direction told, but load a test cut none of the axis will move the proper distance they are suppose to, they just keep moving, can close the loaded file and try to move an instructed amount as you do when you set a distance or by manually entering a gcode line in the input or teaching box it will not move the proper distance told, it moves 5 - 6 times the amount it is suppose to, close mach 3, reopen it and it moves as instructed, load the test file and the same thing all over again, uninstalled mach 3, reloaded and set it all up, but no improvement, so we took the computer from my machine (which works correctly) and hooked it to the 2nd machine and it works perfectly, it jogs the distance told, load the same test file and it cuts as it should. I hope this makes since, just putting it in words so others understand is a challenge, so I hope all who read this understand, any and all suggestions would be appreciated. I posted this same general description in the CNC forum but have no replies.
Thanks, Jerry

Offline ger21

•  6,295 6,295
    • View Profile
    • The CNC Woodworker
Re: Starting 2nd Machine Issues
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2010, 10:23:09 PM »
Check if the native units are set correctly. One thing you can also try is copy the Mach3mill.xml from the good PC to the one that's not working correctly. Provided everything is exactly the same, that should fix it.
Gerry

2010 Screenset
http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM Dovetail and Box Joint software
http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html

Offline JTK

•  2 2
    • View Profile
Re: Starting 2nd Machine Issues
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2010, 08:09:46 PM »
ger21
Thanks for the advice, native units set correctly, it will be this weekend before I can try this. Will let you know the results.