Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 03:10:51 AM

Author Topic: Whose Fault Is ThIs?  (Read 28797 times)

andrewm

Re: Whose Fault Is ThIs?
« Reply #40 on: July 20, 2011, 10:54:10 AM »
Hi Ray,
Brian is pretty busy these days, but if you send him a reminder email about it every now and then I will also throw reminders his way.
« Reply #41 on: July 20, 2011, 11:13:04 AM »
Well....  It no longer affects me.  At the time I was using the knee on my mill as the Z axis.  I've since built a quill drive (and the knee is used only for tool length compensation), so X, Y, and Z now all run with the same velocity and acceleration, so I no longer see this problem.

Regards,
Ray L.
Regards,
Ray L.
« Reply #42 on: July 20, 2011, 12:37:37 PM »
I have a stepper system and I've been dealing with this problem for around 3 years.  Never found a solution.  The only workaround I have found is reducing feedrate to the point where it doesn't lose steps.  In my case, I have all accelerations set equally but the problem is still there.

Would be nice to finally find a solution.  Every other code runs absolutely flawlessly except the cases refered in this topic.

andrewm

« Reply #43 on: July 20, 2011, 01:18:33 PM »
From reading the topic it seems the best work around is Exact Stop.

However, if you email support@machsupport.com so my counter parts and myself see the email I'll see what can be done to get this moving.
« Reply #44 on: July 21, 2011, 03:03:19 PM »
Thanks, but exact stop mode is not a practical option for the kind of work required; both in work time and finish.  I'll email.
« Reply #45 on: February 23, 2012, 02:26:46 AM »
Checking back in to harass ya guys that exact stop is not a solution :)

In fact helical ramp is critical to speed! I haven't been able to recommend mach to folks because of it.

Basically it kills thread milling, advanced troichiodal milling, cutting out reflectors, etc.

Please fix it as I'm forced to use software that has subpar user interfaces because of it.
« Reply #46 on: February 27, 2012, 12:27:21 PM »
Just a note this is fixed in the Dev version..
Fixing problems one post at a time ;)

www.newfangledsolutions.com
www.machsupport.com
« Reply #47 on: February 27, 2012, 12:42:58 PM »
Wow... Does that mean the one thats currently out?  Mach3 R3.043.058?

If so, you guys are moving to my new happy list.
« Reply #48 on: February 27, 2012, 12:44:38 PM »
Yes.. There was some work done to CV.. If the code I worked on didn't fix it please feel free to contact me off list and we will see what we can do to make it right
Fixing problems one post at a time ;)

www.newfangledsolutions.com
www.machsupport.com

Offline rcaffin

•  1,052 1,052
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 28, 2012, 09:54:50 PM »
[quote ]In fact helical ramp is critical to speed! I haven't been able to recommend mach to folks because of it.
Basically it kills thread milling, advanced troichiodal milling, cutting out reflectors, etc.[/quote]

Odd. I have been using helical cutting and thread milling with CV for ages with the lock-down version. No problems at all.

Cheers