Hello Guest it is April 18, 2024, 10:03:36 AM

Author Topic: Final Build  (Read 28241 times)

Offline BarryB

•  267 267
    • View Profile
Re: Final Build
« Reply #30 on: November 27, 2009, 10:07:30 AM »
Thanks Tweakie, not a bad Idea.  Right now all that distance is supported really only supported with the 1/2 inch plate and the 1515 80/20 part bolted to it.  Since this is pretty much finished as is, I'll see how it fairs.  If I need to add additional support, your idea sounds like the bees knees, and not too difficult to do.  I'd need a different z-axis large plate, that's about it.

Barry

Offline BarryB

•  267 267
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 20, 2009, 08:39:31 PM »
More progress this weekend.  I finally ordered cable chain and installed it.  I think eventually I'll have those plates anodized that connect the chain, but I just needed some thin scrap aluminum to install it.  No need to model/have those plates water jetted;)

I ordered fairly massive chain thinking in the future I might put a vacuum hose inside.  Here's some picts.

Next up are homing sensors for the B/C drive.  I'll conquer that tonight too.  It's so close to done, whew!

Barry

Offline Sam

•  987 987
    • View Profile
    • hillbillyhilton.com
« Reply #32 on: December 20, 2009, 10:36:37 PM »
Looks good Barry, can't wait to see some video of it working its magic. I was wondering what happened to ya.
"CONFIDENCE: it's the feeling you experience before you fully understand the situation."

Offline BarryB

•  267 267
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 20, 2009, 11:38:29 PM »
Yeah, I was out of it for a while, busy with work and other freelance.  Now that xmas break has started for me, I can finally finish this biotch.

Barry

Offline BarryB

•  267 267
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 10, 2010, 05:45:21 PM »
Here is my first test piece cut.  I think maybe the size is too small for the bit;)  I haven't figured out how to rescale anything yet.  I think it's cutting fairly accurately though.  I'll need to test on something bigger soon.  Oh, and this foam was just taped loosely to the table.  I haven't built any helper clamps yet.

Barry

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,198 9,198
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 11, 2010, 03:13:49 AM »
Hi Barry,

Good thought about the Energy Chain - I chose the exact size and of course, now need to get more stuff in.
There seems to be a law relating to energy chain which says that 'you can always add one more cable but never two'.

You have certainly built a wonderful looking machine there Barry and it is definitely a machine to be proud of.

Tweakie.
PEACE

Offline Sam

•  987 987
    • View Profile
    • hillbillyhilton.com
« Reply #36 on: January 11, 2010, 03:55:46 AM »
And totally unrelated.... nice demo reel on your site.
"CONFIDENCE: it's the feeling you experience before you fully understand the situation."

Offline BarryB

•  267 267
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 11, 2010, 10:31:48 AM »
Thanks Tweakie, it's been a labor of love, but glad I can finally use it.  I have the obligatory sign as my first paying gig, but at least it's a cool sign, and big, each letter is about 18 inches and sculpted.

Thanks Sam, that reel is probably 6 years old now.  I haven't updated it since I've had steady work since, and haven't been looking for freelance.  What's not on there is Transformers, Deja Vu, Apocalypto, Ride Around The World, Burning Crusade, Wrath of the Lich King, Diable 3, and Starcraft 2 teasers.  Perhaps when I find the time, I'll update;)

Now, off to my local woodshop.  I just found out I have Austin Hardwoods right next to me.  I had no idea.  I've been ordering everything online when I could just walk a little ways and pick things up by hand.

http://www.th-h.com/

Barry
« Reply #38 on: June 12, 2013, 03:05:46 PM »
Hi Barry, excelnete work, I'm designing a cnc router, but can not find much information to do the 5-axis, you think you can help to make the head A / B, I appreciate your kind collaboration.

Offline BarryB

•  267 267
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 12, 2013, 04:21:38 PM »
I recommend buying the B/C head from Doughty Drive.  I'm about to upgrade mine if you'd like an older one for cheap;)