Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 07:19:44 PM

Author Topic: I thought this software was bug free by now  (Read 5199 times)

I thought this software was bug free by now
« on: November 17, 2009, 12:31:24 PM »
Hi, I have Mach3 Version R3.042.029 installed and I created a g-code file with the latest update of lazy cam and sent the file to Mach3.

I get a box saying Path Generation and then nothing happens.

I then save the g code to disk and open it in mach 3. I get the Path Generation box with 3 blue bars and then nothing.

Sometimes I wonder why I should keep updating the software at all.
Re: I thought this software was bug free by now
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2009, 07:10:48 AM »
Waiting patiently for an answer to my problems, I started up Mach3 this morning after booting the computer to get yet another error message.

See attachment.

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2009, 08:26:02 AM »
Dear Waiting Patiently,
I don't know of any software program that doesn't have bugs. LC is Beta and in the manual there is a list of known
bug / problems. Never saw a manual that had that in it! Don't know what your trying to do with LC and some modules only work with the Pro Version and that requires a license.
Haven,t tried LC in varsion .032 yet.
RICH
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2009, 08:49:39 AM »
Thanks Rich for your reply. The problem I'm having is not with LC. It's with Mach3.  I included LC to show the steps I worked in until the problem occured.

I started Mach3 this morning after booting up and loaded a g-code file. I get the path generation box and nothing happens.

I then re-installed an older version of Mach and all the buttons were not displaying correctly so I then re-installed the current version and it worked correctly for a while.

Finally I was getting some work done!

I'm currently working with some wizards to create G-code and after a couple of returns from the wizard I now have the box saying Path Generation and I'm back to square one.

I seems that the Path Generation loads the Path display, all I see is green dot in the center.

I have licenses for both Mach3 and LC and the software is installed on a computer running win2k.

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2009, 09:02:38 AM »
When you zoom in or out does it show the paths? Post one of the files that you are loading.
Rather time limited for the next few days so need to get out of here and attend to buisness. Somebody will chime in
and help you out.
RICH
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2009, 09:55:43 AM »
When I zoom in or out I have a green dot in the center.

G-code as below.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2009, 10:19:55 AM »
Loads fine here, can you attach your xml please.
Hood

Offline ger21

•  6,295 6,295
    • View Profile
    • The CNC Woodworker
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2009, 10:21:25 AM »
It loads fine for me. Perhaps your install or .xml is corrupt. Try using a backup .xml. If that doesn't work, I'd try the newest version after that, and if all else fails, uninstall and remove the driver, and reinstall from scratch.
Gerry

2010 Screenset
http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM Dovetail and Box Joint software
http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2009, 12:40:56 PM »
Hi, Thanks for the advice all, I have noticed I have several Mach3's listed in the Add/Remove Software dialog and so attempted to remove all.

I have loaded a fresh install of Mach3 in a new folder called "Mach3New".

I now have Mach3 and LC latest versions working ok so it looks like It's my computer that's buggy.

I still have an extra version of Mach3 in the  Add/Remove Software dialog but with no file size or date. As things seem to work ok I'm reluctant to play anymore.

Thanks again for pointing me in the right direction.

Apoligys for throwing stones, cleaning own house now, humble pie, mutter.. mutter..