Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 08:29:18 AM

Author Topic: Replicating Parts  (Read 4271 times)

Replicating Parts
« on: November 15, 2009, 09:25:15 AM »
I have a part that uses 25 toolpaths. I designed it in Aspire and would now like to cut multiple parts from a single sheet of material. I don't want to have to redo all of the toolpaths in Aspire when I replicate the parts onto the sheet. Is there any way in Mach to load a g-code file and then tell Mach to run i multiple times at differnet x and y offsets?

Offline budman68

•  2,352 2,352
    • View Profile
Re: Replicating Parts
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2009, 10:55:11 AM »
Hi Kently,

Possibly I'm misunderstanding but doesn't Aspire have the nesting feature that allows you to copy the part  multiple times to fit in a full size sheet?

Or, couldn't you use the "array" function as well that's available in Aspire?

I have VCarve Pro and it has both the Array and Nesting feature and I would think these functions would do exactly what you're asking.

Dave
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Just because I'm a Global Moderator, don't assume that I know anything !

Dave->    ;)
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2009, 12:17:34 PM »
I don't think that is what I am needing. I can easily copy the parts on the sheet. What I am trying to avoid is having to select each vector and generate a new toolpath.

Offline budman68

•  2,352 2,352
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2009, 12:33:42 PM »
Hmmm....I think I understand. So you need something that would only nest the actual toolpath itself so that you don't have to keep selecting all of them.

I see that you asked over at the Vectric forum so it should be interesting to see what they come up with.

Dave
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Just because I'm a Global Moderator, don't assume that I know anything !

Dave->    ;)
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2009, 12:44:52 PM »
I have a part that uses 25 toolpaths. I designed it in Aspire and would now like to cut multiple parts from a single sheet of material. I don't want to have to redo all of the toolpaths in Aspire when I replicate the parts onto the sheet. Is there any way in Mach to load a g-code file and then tell Mach to run i multiple times at differnet x and y offsets?

I do the same thing. 1 "program" that is called 10 times to give me 10 parts at different locations.
I use the work offset table to program the location of the X and Y offset and call each of the offsets.

ATB
Deker

You can "chop it off" but can't "chop it on"
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2009, 12:52:59 PM »
You need to read up on fixture offsets - G54-G59, and G92.  Probably G92 is what you want in this case.  You setup the existing code as a subroutine, set the fixture offset with G92, then call the subroutine.

Regards,
Ray L.
Regards,
Ray L.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2009, 01:00:44 PM »
oops sorry, posted in the wrong thread :(
« Last Edit: November 15, 2009, 01:03:41 PM by Hood »