Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 08:24:16 PM

Author Topic: Problem with XBOX 360 Pendant...?  (Read 10065 times)

Offline Sam

•  987 987
    • View Profile
    • hillbillyhilton.com
Re: Problem with XBOX 360 Pendant...?
« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2009, 11:18:35 PM »
Do keep in mind that only the 32bit drivers are posted on the Mach site. If you are running a 64bit system, you will need to download the 64bit drivers elsewhere.
"CONFIDENCE: it's the feeling you experience before you fully understand the situation."
« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2009, 08:22:06 PM »
I put the plug in that I dl'ed from the plug in page, when I open mach I get a error message that says the XINPUT1_3.DLL is defective and will ignore. Mach will not show the xbox controller. When I got to the windows control panel the xbox360 show up there and when I preform a test there it works.

I have a 2002 copy of windows xp with sp2. What am I doing wrong?

Help

Dave
« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2009, 10:09:09 AM »
Well I don't know how I did it, but I have it working now. I just kept adding and deleting files and re-installing until the computer gave up and let me win :)

Dave

Offline simpson36

•  1,369 1,369
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2009, 02:10:56 PM »
Just a caution for you to be aware of.

I tried the wireless Xbox controller and it disturbed the CNC setup. The setup was also compromised if I used a wireless network adapter, so it was obviously very sensitive to the RF noise.

Others have used the wireless stuff and had no problems. I have an entirely differtent setup now, but I already have the wired Xbox controller and have become accustomed to moving programming with a thumb drive, so I am not inclined to try the wireless again.

Just a heads up  . . something to be aware of. If you get 'spooky' problems  . . . disconnecting wireless devices should be high on the diagnostics list, IMHO.
« Reply #14 on: November 19, 2009, 03:20:10 PM »
Thanks for the heads up. My set up is with the windows receiver for the xbox not the network receiver. I too use a thumb drive to move files. I'm aware of problems with Mach and a computer that has a wireless network card, mine does not. Mine is not hooked to the net in any way, it is a dedicated to my router only computer. I do all my cad/cam work on another computer.

Dave

Offline simpson36

•  1,369 1,369
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2009, 04:53:20 PM »
Just FYI, there are two different animals in the barn.

The wireless network interface and the wireless Xbox controller interface.

I also used the Micro$oft brand Xbox controller specific wireless USB transceiver.

Both caused havoc with the CNC controls. You may have good luck with the wireless Xbox controller. The good thing is that if you do have any problems, the wired controller is inexpensive and works just as good, so you can eliminate the RF if needed and still have the nice control feature.
« Reply #16 on: November 20, 2009, 11:04:01 AM »
I'll keep my  eyes on it.

The only people that I know of, up to now, are people that had wireless network card in their computers. Once they removed them, their problems stopped. They still use wireless keyboards and mice with no problems.

I will stay close to my e-stop.

Dave

Offline simpson36

•  1,369 1,369
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 20, 2009, 11:19:53 AM »
Perhaps it boils down to the frequency of the wireless device vs the speed Mach is running.

There are lots of differnet wireless net frequencies, which may explain why some have trouble and some not.

I am not an electronics guy so for the most part, electronics problems are solved using the Vaudeville solution:

Patient: "Doc, it hurts whenever I do this"

Doc: "Then don't do that,  . . . next!"
« Reply #18 on: November 20, 2009, 01:56:49 PM »
Pretty much goes for me too.

Dave
« Reply #19 on: May 05, 2012, 07:14:55 AM »
Frustration beyond belief, cant get the wired xbox360 controller to work with mach3, have the latest version of mach3, have the latest active x loaded windows recoginises the pendant . The plugin is installed and is active as is the setup page for the plugin but at the bottom of the page on the right side it says not installed or recognised. Please dont tell me this is going in the trash can along with all the other chinese pendants and controllers that dont work with mach3. Any ideas before EMC2 goes up