Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 08:07:05 AM

Author Topic: Mach3 demo GUI behavior  (Read 5626 times)

Mach3 demo GUI behavior
« on: November 03, 2009, 03:05:56 AM »
Hi All,
I have just started a conversion of a Taig mill to CNC and I have installed the Mach3 demo version (ver. R3.042.029). The installation of the software and execution of DriverTest.exe went smoothly. After starting Mach3 I opened the Control Buttons Flyout and since it overlapped the parent window I attempted to move/resize it. This resulted in some of the graphics objects being left behind. Attached are two screen shots:

startup_screenshot.jpg  -- this .jpg shows the startup window for Mach3

modified_screen.jpg -- this .jpg shows the result of trying to move/resize the flyout. Buttons left behind.

I have installed the software on a P4B266 machine running Win2Ksp4. I have also installed the software on an Atom 330 based machine running Win2Ksp4. I have observed this behavior on both machines. I would like to know if anybody else has seen this, or if there is an explanation and suggestion on how to fix this problem. Also, is there any particular advantage to using WinXP instead of Win2K?

Thanks,

mcmlv

Re: Mach3 demo GUI behavior
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2009, 03:39:53 AM »
Those buttons isn't left behind. They have always been there.
Every screen where you want to jog from must have those buttons or the jog wont work.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2009, 03:43:34 AM »
It is not really a problem, what you are seeing is buttons that are normally off screen and out of view and because you have expanded the side you now see them. The reason they are there is that for each screen page that is active and you are needing to jog whilst on it you need to have the Jog Control button.
Hood

Edit, Steinar beat me to it LOL
« Last Edit: November 03, 2009, 03:45:07 AM by Hood »
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2009, 03:48:15 AM »
Edit, Steinar beat me to it LOL

;D

Well, you explained it in a bit more detail though.
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2009, 05:09:05 AM »
Thanks for the quick responses. I have downloaded the following documents from the Mach3 support web page:

Mach3Mill_Install_Config.pdf
Mach3setup.pdf
Mach3Tutorial.pdf
Addons_Manual_v2_75.pdf

I have also downloaded the configuration file (540B.xml) for the Geckodrive 540 that I will be using. Are there any other documents that you can recommend? I would also like to know if Win2Ksp4 or WinXPsp3 would be preferred as an OS to host Mach3. The Intel Atom 330 based system will be dedicated to the Taig. Since I am just starting out, I would like to have as much reference material available as possible.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2009, 05:13:23 AM »
You might also want to check out the video tutorials.  http://www.machsupport.com/videos/
Mach will work fine with either XP or W2K but on a lower spec computer you may be better off with W2K as XP will use more resources.

Hood

Offline bowber

•  216 216
  • Kirkby Stephen,Cumbria, UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2009, 07:06:08 AM »
I have mach on a W2K PC with 1.4gig Intel P4 and 512mb ram and it runs fine with no problems yet, I did a clean reinstall of W2K though and don't use the network adaptor.

Steve
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2009, 01:38:44 AM »
I've saved some of the tutorial videos for burning to CD so that I can watch them offline since I won't be using a network adapter either.