Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 10:09:35 AM

Author Topic: Ref home all homes Z then goes to RESET; also jog is very slow  (Read 13006 times)

Offline Fastest1

•  920 920
  • Houston, TX
    • View Profile
Re: Ref home all homes Z then goes to RESET; also jog is very slow
« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2009, 09:17:21 PM »
Same
I am in no way knowledgeable but to change the active state of a switch, go to the "config" at the top of the mach program page. Click it, then click "port and pins". Under input signals, scroll down until you see "home" for each axis, are they enabled? Is "active low" checked or not? If it is, uncheck it & select O.K. Go back and look at diagnostics leds and see if there is a change.  
I want to die in my sleep like my grandfather, not like the passengers in the car! :-)

Offline Fastest1

•  920 920
  • Houston, TX
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2009, 09:19:18 PM »
Just check or uncheck the box for active low, just so it is opposite of the way it is set now. Then test
I want to die in my sleep like my grandfather, not like the passengers in the car! :-)

Offline Fastest1

•  920 920
  • Houston, TX
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2009, 09:25:35 PM »
Btw my understanding of this setting is, if the active low has a green check mark it is compatible with a N.C. switch. When and if this circuit is broken a stop is triggered and must be reset. There is much more to it than that I am sure. Hope it helps.
« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2009, 10:42:37 PM »
Hello Fastest1
All active lows were off, marked X. On enabling them, ref all home started up X axis and crashed  the switch.
The leds did not change, so I restored everything back to before.

I am lost!

Regards Ron.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 31, 2009, 04:51:54 AM »
What kind of switches do you have and how are they wired?
Hood
« Reply #15 on: October 31, 2009, 11:05:40 PM »
Hood,
There are 5 Matashuita micro switches, 1 on X axis plus a heavy duty plunger acting as the home switch, 2 on the Y axis and two on the Z axis. they are wired in pairs doing both home and limit. The cabling is shielded and tied to ground at the Taig interface box. They were wired in by a very competent technician and are very tidy. On reflection I think that the micros are too sensitive and I would like to replace them them with some momentary plunger types.

I don't know why things have changed! I certainly don't go into any of the settings and fiddle around. the only other thing perhaps is some fibre or dust has got into a switch and is playing up . The Z one has its plunger facing up and could attract dust. I will check this out. I recently made 6 90mm ratchet wheels with 18 teeth in acrylic and spraying a bit of WD40 on the cut, itr could have drifted into that area.

Regards  Ron.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 01, 2009, 04:36:42 AM »
Ron
 save the attached xml into the Mach3 folder and then use the Mach3 loader to open it, be careful just in case I have missed some settings.
Let me know if it works.
Hood
« Reply #17 on: November 01, 2009, 05:15:39 AM »
Hood,
Thanks for the xml, I have just come b ack to the house its 8.30 pm and was replacing the Z axis switch with a plunger type. I could not see properly so gave in.

You asked about the switches. What was your conclusion?

I don't have the phone or internet in the workshop so will take the xml over on a stick.

Regards  Ron.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 01, 2009, 05:22:59 AM »
I am thinking your switches are probably fine, especially if they had been working previously. There was something weird going on in your xml that I couldn't be seen from inside Mach config pages so would have to view as a text file and that frys my brain, so didn't bother  ;D
Let me know how you get on with the xml but be careful just in case I missed something.
Hood
« Reply #19 on: November 02, 2009, 08:31:35 PM »
Hood

I have repaired a broken wire on X. Now all six switches show LEDS when moved.

The reset will go off with the box switched on but the motors are dead and freewheel

I got this message, I made a snagit, also a diagnostic screen.

Your xml is in the Mach folder named 'mymil.xml ' to match Mach named 'mymill'.

That is it as of now.

Regards  Ron