Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 10:57:37 AM

Author Topic: Ref home all homes Z then goes to RESET; also jog is very slow  (Read 13012 times)

Offline Fastest1

•  920 920
  • Houston, TX
    • View Profile
Re: Ref home all homes Z then goes to RESET; also jog is very slow
« Reply #20 on: November 02, 2009, 10:05:02 PM »
what is your debounce set to? Do you hear the steppers? I experienced many grounding problems between my controller and my machine. I built my own board as I mentioned earlier but I put it in a metal enclosure not the plastic one the designer suggested. Took me a while to figure that 1 out. Try disconnecting your machine physically if possible, run the code on mach, did it run it successfully? The grounding issue got me at least 2 different tiimes and doesnt really leave any clues. Most all seems to operate. I was trying resisitors and such in the switches and high debounce settings. Worth a try.
I want to die in my sleep like my grandfather, not like the passengers in the car! :-)

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 03, 2009, 02:59:47 AM »
Is this with your xml or the one I did?
Do you have an E-Stop button on your mill? If you do press it and see if you still get the message, if it does then you are needing to reverse the active state of the E-Stop in Ports and Pins, Inputs page.
Hood
« Reply #22 on: November 04, 2009, 06:30:12 AM »
Hood

This is your xml. I have renamed it to'MyMill.xml' to match  'MyMill'

E-Stop yes. Pressing only alters the reset LED,I don''t think it brought up the message;I will check as soon as possible and let you know. The reset doesn't work when the box is off.

Ron

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 04, 2009, 06:45:50 AM »
OK check I have the enable set correctly.
Hood
« Reply #24 on: November 06, 2009, 12:03:32 AM »
Hood,

Friday 3pm.
Start up screen---Reset flashing---click it, it goes off.

Switch on Taig box--Reset flashing--click it--stays on and' Error On Reset' message pops up

Asks-- do you want me to fix this? If YES it changes the switch state.

No matter what I try it always ends up with E Stop enabled.

During ALL of this the motors are free to turn with the handles.

Running one of the bundled Mach Gcodes seems to be normal.

Fastest1 is pursuing the grounding issues. The mill has been running for 2 years on and off

Regards Ron.

Offline Fastest1

•  920 920
  • Houston, TX
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 06, 2009, 09:45:49 AM »
I actually had the grounding issues I was referring to. Did you ever disconnect the controller and try to run Mach, if so what happened? If there is a mechanical link of any kind (metal table both items are sitting on, stepper wires, limit switches, etc) and your controller is not optoislotaed (mine is not) it will trigger the E switch just as you have stated. Since there is nothing really triggering it, it wont repair. This is my understanding of what a breakout board is for, basically to isolate your controller from any stray voltages that might fry the board. Let us know the outcome of the test, then we can move on.Btw 1 of the tiimes it was because I connected the sheilding of the wiring of my steppers to ground inside my contoller box but NOT at the machine. This is common practice to quell any unwanted noise supposedly, Nothing worked on mine til I disconnected the shielding, not the other wiring just the shield. Also I see you refer to turning on the Taig box, but I mean physically disconnect all wiring from the computer to the the controller. Also for testing try an adapter at the 110v wall plug (1 on the machine, 1 on the controller and 1 on the computer) that doesnt have a grounding lug
Hood,

Friday 3pm.
Start up screen---Reset flashing---click it, it goes off.

Switch on Taig box--Reset flashing--click it--stays on and' Error On Reset' message pops up

Asks-- do you want me to fix this? If YES it changes the switch state.

No matter what I try it always ends up with E Stop enabled.

During ALL of this the motors are free to turn with the handles.

Running one of the bundled Mach Gcodes seems to be normal.

Fastest1 is pursuing the grounding issues. The mill has been running for 2 years on and off

Regards Ron.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2009, 09:53:15 AM by Fastest1 »
I want to die in my sleep like my grandfather, not like the passengers in the car! :-)
« Reply #26 on: November 07, 2009, 06:26:31 AM »
Fastest1
1Disconnect ptr cable on box;; Reset works OK and program runs OK.

2   Yes all limit Sw. + Estop.

3  I am not pulling my plugs to bits, it seems that theres no shielding. All the limit switches terminate on a strip block but I don't really want to wreck that either.

4  I pulled the printer cable from the Taig box, program ran OK and reset worked. Plug back in, cant reset; motors free; the sign comes both with the on and off. Look in ports and pins reads enabled and active low.
Turn box on; motor s locked on all three, can't run them because reset wont go off.

5  I have a switched power board with four outlets. I opened up the plug and disconnected the earth wire (ground). Did not see any change. We have 240 volt 50 Hz power in Aust.

Regards  Ron.
« Reply #27 on: November 07, 2009, 11:13:43 PM »
Fastest1.

At last a small step forward. Set debounce to 3000 and the Z axis moved at full speed but in the wrong direction! X and Y are still locked and won't respond. Changed the state of Z, now moves OK.

Tried Ref Home All on Z, it homed normally and the Y DRO ran OK and stopped when I set the home switch; likewise for X; but not their motors, they were locked.

The E-stop does not work but is enabled.

The ground wire is not connected. I don't know about your 110V system but here our neutral is  tied to earth in a brass link strip with the  earth wire which is tied to a stake buried in moist soil. Could noise be coming down the neutral wire? Mad thought!

Regards Ron.

Offline Fastest1

•  920 920
  • Houston, TX
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 08, 2009, 02:35:40 PM »
In the states, they sell adapters to make older non grounded receptacles use a plug with a grounding lug. Theoretically you are supposed to connect it to ground but nobody ever does. This was only suggested for the test, if using one of these adapters on each item that has power supplied you could rule out grounding issues. I am still weary of your high debounce settings though movement is always good. If you have your debounce at 3000 and you leave Mach on does it trip the reset after a few minutes? Or does it remain stable. Also now that your z is working, record the motor settings. transfer those settings to x and y if they are not the same now. We will be waiting.  
« Reply #29 on: November 21, 2009, 05:48:45 AM »
Fastest1

At last!! Success, how good is it to hear those motors humming, n o growls or jerking jitters or locking up.

I should have realised when it happened so suddenly, like a switch, that it was a FUSE blown. Not the external fuse (easy to get at) but one inside the Taig box requiring lifting the lid. A new 3 amp fuse had everything up and running.

All that agony of checking and going over it all again; the endless trial of xml's, thanks Hood, also others for helping.

Ron.

Edit; what caused the fuse to blow? Being inside the box would suggest that it would only blow on rare occasions, the main fuse is on the front panel.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2009, 02:30:14 PM by same55 »