Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 02:02:32 PM

Author Topic: Ref home all homes Z then goes to RESET; also jog is very slow  (Read 13008 times)

Ref home all homes Z then goes to RESET; also jog is very slow
« on: October 26, 2009, 07:25:31 AM »
My Taig mill has decided to sloow right down on jog, and Ref Home All refs Z and then immediately resets!!!l
I am running Mach3 VR3.042.027. The Taig is the later version, 2 years old now. I tried reinstalling the xml files and reboot to no avai.
I have checked the jog settings and even pushed to 100% but is no different.
Many Thanks
Ron

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: Ref home all homes Z then goes to RESET; also jog is very slow
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2009, 07:38:26 AM »
The reset is because you have noise or your switch is bouncing, what is happening is you home and Mach sees the home switch trigger, backs off the switch but it bounces. Mach sees the switch turn off so says its at home but because of the bounce or noise it comes back on for a second and then Mach sees that as a limit being hit and stops everything.
 The jogging could also be related as when Mach sees a limit being hit it will only allow you to jog slowly just in case you jog the wrong way, if you stop jogging then start again it should now be at full jog speed.
One other thing it could be with the jog is that you have a slow jog set, if you press the Shift key and then Jog that will move at full jog speed.

To get over your noise/bounce problem try setting the Debounce interval up a bit, try at 2000 and then progressively lower until it again becomes a problem then bump up slightly. You will find the Debounce Interval on General Config page at the top right.

Hood
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2009, 06:19:42 AM »
Thank you Hood for such a prompt reply, being my first ever post, I am amazed.
On the switches, I used very high quality micro switches which probably was a mistake as my Y axis will go off from cutter vibration or a tool dropped onto the Taig bench. I am replacing them with push button switches.
I will give the bounce thing a try.
With the jog thing I know about and use the shift key all the time, but now suddenly it has only one speed and that is so slow.
Regards Ron.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2009, 06:27:00 AM »
If you attach your xml I will look and see if I can replicate the slow jog problem.
Hood
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2009, 06:35:36 AM »
Hello Hood
Thanks for the offer to look at my XML; sorry about the delay, I  have PD and can't always get to my workshop. I have the file now but being new I don't know how to attach it.
Guess what, I just saw additional options!!! I have already tried a reload thats why this file is renamed '2' 

Hope this works.   Thanks.

Ron.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2009, 07:33:57 AM »
Just had a look at your xml, are the LEDs for limit and home switches showing as constantly on when you are on the Diagnostics page?
Hood
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2009, 06:36:11 AM »
Hood Thankyou.
Its 9 pm here in South Aust. I will fire up the mill tomorrow morning and check those LEDS and let you know.
Thanks Ron.
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2009, 08:42:54 PM »
Hello Hood
On the debounce issue tried 2000, ref all home Z homed and immediately reset. Jog is still very slow.

All three LEDS for home and limit are lit, yellow on diagnostics page. M1++Limit,    M1- -Limit,   M1 Home.

I can send you a Snagit of the screen if you like.

Regards  Ron.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2009, 08:45:47 PM »
OK try changing the active state of your switches and see what happens.
Hood
« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2009, 09:05:42 PM »
Hood,
I tried clicking the leds, no-go.

Where do I change the switches?

Sorry for being DUMB but don't want to click badly.

Ron.