Hello Guest it is March 19, 2024, 07:15:31 AM

Author Topic: newbee  (Read 17127 times)

Re: newbee
« Reply #20 on: October 17, 2009, 11:22:50 PM »
Well have a box that came with it that i plug the stepper motors into and attach the parallel port cord into to and from my computer, but no drivers came with that
thanks
« Reply #21 on: October 17, 2009, 11:30:03 PM »
The drivers are in the box,,,  Or you can call them controllers. here's what I'm referring to http://www.geckodrive.com/, http://www.xylotex.com/,
« Reply #22 on: October 17, 2009, 11:32:45 PM »
ok well i have something like that yes,
so are you saying i should open it up and change some wires?
« Reply #23 on: October 17, 2009, 11:41:28 PM »
Nope, you need to open it up and see what you have,  You said the seller didn't give you any documentation.  Once you find out what you have, you should be able to go to the manufactures website, and donwload the manuals for your equipment.  Chances are, all you will have to do once you get the manual, is change the pin settings in Mach to get you going.  If you can't find the manual online, post what you find here, and someone should be able to help you out.
« Reply #24 on: October 17, 2009, 11:45:21 PM »
Awesome thanks man, i will open it up now and see what we have
« Reply #25 on: October 18, 2009, 12:03:10 AM »
ok opened it up, no manufacture name anywhere to be seen
i did notice some writing on the PCB
here is what it said may mean something to you experts.
pin 2 - XDIR
pin 3 - XSTEP
    4 - YDIR
    5 - YSTEP
    6 - ZDIR
    7 - ZSTEP
    8 - ADIR
    9 - ASTEP
« Reply #26 on: October 18, 2009, 12:25:27 AM »
Open up Mach,click on config,ports and pins, and then motor outputs. make sure the settings match. If not, just click on the box, and put the right number in. for example, for your x Axis, you want the enabled box checked, Step pin# would be 3, and Dir Pin# would be 2.
« Reply #27 on: October 18, 2009, 12:28:45 AM »
Yes mate just did that and wow and behold it WORKS, Hoorah, finally i can sleep peacefully lol
thanks so much for you help it is very very appreciated
thanks

Offline Fastest1

•  920 920
  • Houston, TX
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 18, 2009, 12:45:59 AM »
NO WAY! Congratulations! You are going to sleep now? All this work and no play? Unless you know something about the next step, the fun has just started! I know I wanted to help you as I was just there a few months ago. Enjoy
I want to die in my sleep like my grandfather, not like the passengers in the car! :-)
« Reply #29 on: October 18, 2009, 01:02:46 AM »
thanks man, no not going to sleep now lol BUT i can at least sleep without worrying about the machine lol.
well you said is was something very simple and yes it was, sooooo happy it works, now i gotta watch some tutorials about homing etc before i start cutting
thanks